1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Drugs For PTSD Please!!?

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by mortiis31, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortiis31

mortiis31 Active Member

Hi all,
    I am going back to my psychiatrist on Friday (two days from now), and I wanted to ask his opinion on several different drugs that may be able to help with the treatment of PTSD.

Could someone please give me a few names on some drugs in particular to look up so that I can prepare a list for my psychiatrist for Friday please?

Urgently,

thanks!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Look under medications in the information forum. Tons of info on the different meds there.

bec

4. White0nWhite

White0nWhite Member

I've been on St Johnswort, Zoloft, Trazodone, and Xanax in the past... none of which ever helped...

However, Diazepam works wonders for me. It's a cheap generic brand of Valium. I take it as needed, and take one to help me sleep. It usually keeps nightmares at bay too. Which is a god-send.

5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Mort,

I guess it would depend on what symptoms you are having as to what meds you are looking for.

Sleep issues, then you would try sleeping meds or an herbal method.

Anxiety and panic, then a Benzo...Be careful really addictive.

Depression...God there are tons of meds for that. I just came off of Cymbalta for my depression. I loved it, thought it helped wonders. It was just time to come off of it.

6. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

Dude, considering this thread along with our private discussion, I feel the best thing for you is not medication as much as consulting a nutritionist. A LICENSED nutritionist. NOT a dietician, either. Please consider that. We can discuss this in PM if you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar