• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dry Land And Post Trauma Survivor Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobalog

New Here
panic attacks , extreme anxiety, si, flashbacks, nightmares have rolled back enough that i feel some control in my own thoughts and state - and this is very good as it's clear that staying mired in fear doesn't help anything much, especially self care or any else progressive. i think i understand what's going on and i still don't like it much as while in itself it is progress to recognize limitation it's a barrier (the ptsd feelings and behaviour). i am trying, to visualize myself landing a manageable job, successfully curing hep c on current meds seems possible att, some social indicators are helping, and the hep c meds appear to be helping me feel better in some ways but arthritis /fibromyalgia and neuropathy types of pain, and feelings of - typical feelings of hopelessness, inability to change quickly enough, be effective, switch from ptsd stricken to socially functional mood. find work, income. this is hard to imagine as i know that work demands extra when self care and a little volunteering already take the days, and no evening really exists as insomnia dictates that i devote them to sleep, as for example if i am awake at 11 i will be awake again by 2 so forget adequate sleep. besides i have to find income or risk the expected situations. meantime i am slow ass applying g for disability again. guess i don't really want to self identify as in need of a long term hand up. the recovery process is slow and mingles with long term ... lack of will i suppose. if the hep c clears in a couple months i could be healthy except for arthritis and ptsd so need to invent a life fastish now. what i did before doesn't directly support what would work favorably now. i will get on the ed/occupational forum soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back