• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Childhood Early Maladaptive Schemas

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimmerz

MyPTSD Pro
I found this today while looking at Schema Therapy links. It makes sense to me that those of us who suffered early childhood trauma or neglect may be helped by this information. The link posted outlines the maladaptive patterns and behaviours that we may have learned in order to compensate for the young healthy needs that were not extended to us.

Dead Link Removed

Another interesting link re coping styles is listed below.
http://www.schematherapy.com/id62.htm

@shimmerz, then am sending a truck load !!! Just put the extras on the shelf and take one as needed.. wish I could hug you in person.... and drink a cup of coffee and laugh. Wouldn't that be fun... ya know, like normal people...:eek:

Thanks for the reminder about schemas @shimmerz . It was just about the only thing that made sense from the year I spent seeing dreadful T2. However, as soon as I said it made sense and I wanted work on it, she immediately dropped the whole topic, never to be seen again???

Whinge over. Back in 2013, the test identified my schemas, in order of priority, as
Emotional Inhibition
Emotional Deprivation
Defectiveness, Shame
Alienation, Social Isolation
Unrelenting Standards
Mistrust
Failure

That puts me very firmly into the Disconnection and Rejection category, though oddly with no score for abandonment. Plus some Over-vigilance and Inhibition
I have some printouts from a book on Schema tTherapy - shall see what they say to me now, three years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back