• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Earth-centered Spirituality: Pagan, Wiccan, Druid, Native American, Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Blessed Lammas to you all!

I plan on making some bread this evening in celebration of the harvest. I was invited to attend a celebration but it was over an hour away and I just can't afford trips right now. But I'm happy to have this harvest holiday to remind myself that this personally tough summer is coming to an end.

I'm considering taking some vacation next year on the major pagan sabbats, and some of the minor ones. My boss won't mind, so long as I have the time built up. I need more rest days than I get now.

According to the link below, "Lughnasadh, also called Lammas, falls on August 1, roughly halfway between the summer solstice and autumn equinox. The name of the holiday derives from Old Gaelic and is a combination of Lugh, a Celtic god, and násad, or assembly."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...festival_us_579a832ee4b08a8e8b5d6134?section=

Happy to find this thread. Raised in church, lots of pedophiles in church. Am in recovery from alcoholism/addictions and retired Mental Health Counselor. About 3 years sober, 20 years after abuse, I was led to a Seneca Sweatlodge on the day of my paternal grandmother's funeral. Long story short, I have had a lot of experiences and aha moments in the decades since then. I attend church to suit my sisters, but I find God in nature and lots of places to enjoy making the connection with God and Ancestors. I think I'm going to like this group! Oh, yeah, anyone in Houston, TX area, please check out Lucia's Garden. Awesome place for earth-based spirituality.

Welcome, Stormdancer! I'm sorry to hear you also dealt with pedophiles in the church.

A friend of mine gave me her feathers from her parrots in exchange for some work I'm doing for her. I can't wait to incorporate them into my crafts. I have always loved collecting feathers and rocks. Cleaning them up and displaying them in my home helps me feel more grounded to the earth and less like living in an artificial environment. If I could have rock walls, I would.

@shimmerz - thanks for leading me hear as this is interesting :-)

Im 50 % sami grew up 100 % as norwegian with norwegians. Sami part of me has yet to be explored. Among other traumes to deal with this has been in shadows. But its obvious both my fierce sami face look and way to be Im not as norwergians most. Times I had encounters with sami people I can understand that I must be percived by people like the sami. They do come of as more outwords and intense then norwegians.

Belive my spirit animal are birds. In general. They seems to be messengers.

I have decided to host a Beltane celebration at my home. I've been preparing my house for awhile for finally feeling comfortable allowing people in. I haven't smudged my space yet but I'm almost at that point. Once my kids are at their dad's next week I can hold my ceremony.

I've had so much disquiet going on internally with so many changes going on in my life. I took my dog for a walk at night to bathe in the starlight and listen to the quiet. I went to our free meditation group yesterday at the Unitarian Universalist fellowship I attend. It's frustrating to me how quickly my PTSD symptoms steal my inner sense of connection to the earth. I do sometimes wonder if my fragmented personality parts haven't yet realized my new spiritual path. I'm not sure how to get that connection going other than keeping on with daily spiritual routines and reminding myself that I am no longer amongst a 'religion' where I am told to dissociate off anything unpleasant.

I do need nature, daily. I must work on this. I feel so much better when I have that connection, and my dog loves helping me with this.

Jumping in midstream here. I read through but only bits are sticking.

I miss deity in my life. I miss feeling the Goddess and God as apart of my daily life! I was a full practicing Wiccan for more than a decade. This PTSD has derailed not only me but my beliefs as well. I don't feel complete. Recently I met someone who reminds me of me and how I dealt before I tanked.

I'm hoping that contributing here and interacting with you fine people I can find my way again.

The ritual (and that is what it is) is common in Peru, and the fact that there is a shaman may seem like a cult because of this but it's a medical ritual pulling from ancient practices.

I've read where people find clarity and great healing but am a bit unnerved by being that far out of my head. I am interested in the follow up, as in, would this help with a therapeutic breakthrpugh...please keep us posted and best to you on the journey.

I held my first solitary Mabon/Cornucopia/Solstice ritual last night. I gathered free fruits, nuts, grains, wheat, beans, and herbs as well as a big sunflower, Earth Goddess statue, and Father Sun/Mother Moon statue and set up my alter in my kitchen. I burned incense of fresh bay leaf, dried lavendar, fresh rosemary, sage, and frankinsense throughout the evening.

I showed love to my dog, petting and brushing him and making him some chicken for dinner. I pondered the things that I need to allow to leave behind me, and set some goals for the next year. I meditated, and prayed, expressing deep gratitude for the abundance in my life. I sent messages of joy and comfort to friends via Facebook. I got some items I no longer need in my life and just took them to the women's shelter.

It helped me sleep very well. My PTSD symptoms have been very distressing over the past few weeks and giving myself permission to be restful, self-comforting, and mindful of the good changes I have made this past year helped me feel better.

Things I have to release from my life include:
  • the desire to be friends with people who don't want to be friends with me
  • my marriage
  • my sedentary life
  • returning to old maladaptive coping strategies
  • pushing myself too hard
  • staying up too late for good rest
  • the idea that I shouldn't have friends over until my house is perfect
  • foolish spending
Things I need to allow into my life or make space for
  • more music
  • more fun activities
  • more laughter and play
  • silliness
  • regular exercise
  • walking with my dog
  • fun with my kids
  • daily meditation
  • yoga/gentle stretching
  • my art
  • books
  • friends
  • fiscal responsibility
It feels right to me to look to the earth and the seasons and learn what lessons they have to teach me about death and life, loss and renewal, darkness and light.

I've been invited to a Pagan Pride day but my van is dying so I may not be able to go. But next year I'll hopefully have a better vehicle and be able to travel where I'm invited to go.

Blessings to all-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back