• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Effexor XR ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortiis31

Learning
My Doctor prescribed me Effexor XR (effexorxr.com) the other day. I haven't received it yet (it has to be authorized), but I was wanting someone's opinion of the drug, if it works for them, what it does, does it make you sick??

Cheers,
Scott

Scott, the website you cited above should outline all the side effects and possible reactions from the drug. Others here may have had experiences with Effexor, good and bad, however yours will be unique as each person reacts differently. As to what it does, Effexor is used to treat depression and anxiety disorders. It is supposed to be slightly more effective than SSRIs such as Zoloft and Prozac. It does carry with it a suicide risk, as do most of these drugs, and I do hope your physician is aware of this and explains it to you. The most recent research indicates that patients taking effexor are at an increased risk of suicide; it can cause suicidal tendencies.

Scott,

It didn't/doesn't make me sick. It helped me to level out my mood (read - not be depressed) so that I can be more effective in therapy.

Good luck,
nieccole

Hi Scott ive been on Effexor XR (450mg) a day for a little over a year now with only one side effect,mans problems, but id rather that than what i was putting up with before. It has settled me down a hell of a lot compaired to other meds i have tried. I was put on this med so i could start exposure therapy, my shrink reckons it would help me with my depression so in turn i could handle my therapy better.
Best of luck Nugget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back