1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Effexor XR ???

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by mortiis31, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortiis31

mortiis31 Active Member

My Doctor prescribed me Effexor XR (effexorxr.com) the other day. I haven't received it yet (it has to be authorized), but I was wanting someone's opinion of the drug, if it works for them, what it does, does it make you sick??

Cheers,
    Scott

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Scott, the website you cited above should outline all the side effects and possible reactions from the drug. Others here may have had experiences with Effexor, good and bad, however yours will be unique as each person reacts differently. As to what it does, Effexor is used to treat depression and anxiety disorders. It is supposed to be slightly more effective than SSRIs such as Zoloft and Prozac. It does carry with it a suicide risk, as do most of these drugs, and I do hope your physician is aware of this and explains it to you. The most recent research indicates that patients taking effexor are at an increased risk of suicide; it can cause suicidal tendencies.

4. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

Scott,

It didn't/doesn't make me sick. It helped me to level out my mood (read - not be depressed) so that I can be more effective in therapy.

Good luck,
    nieccole

5. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Hi Scott ive been on Effexor XR (450mg) a day for a little over a year now with only one side effect,mans problems, but id rather that than what i was putting up with before. It has settled me down a hell of a lot compaired to other meds i have tried. I was put on this med so i could start exposure therapy, my shrink reckons it would help me with my depression so in turn i could handle my therapy better.
    Best of luck Nugget.

missyfjr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar