1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

EFT Practitioner, Here to Learn.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Abundant1, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abundant1

Abundant1 New Member

My name is Susan, and I am not a PTSD sufferer or caregiver, but I do care. Does that make me a "carer"?

I am an EFT practitioner. EFT stands for the "Emotional Freedom Technique" it's like a mutant hybrid Acupressure/NLP type thing, and it has proven very effective.

For instance, working on my own issues, I have been able to effectively collapse the emotional charge attached to memories. There have been many case studies done on using EFT with PTSD, and I am very intrigued because of the potential to help someone improve their quality of life. I want to be involved in ANYTHING that helps people empower themselves, and heal their lives. Especially if it's something I have personally experienced.

I've been reading the stories on the forum, trying to gain a better understanding of the problem, and my heart is breaking for you guys.

I sincerely hope we can learn from each other. And I applaud all of you for seeking help and community. That, in and of itself, is the beginning of a better life. IMO.

Much love,
    Susan Denham

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I hope you can learn about PTSD here. There is a wealth of information to be found.

4. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

Nlp?

Abundant1, What is NLP?

5. nobody

nobody Active Member

Neuro-linguistic programming

http ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-linguistic_programming
    You are very kind. Welcome to the forum.:loopy:

6. Abundant1

Abundant1 New Member

Link not working

I can't use that link, I guess they disable them if you're amoderated member.

Neuro-Linguistic Programming is kinda like using words to find a backdoor to the subconscious.

So if you ask someone, "What's the solution?"

They say "I don't know"

a Neuro linguistic response would be "If you did know the answer, what would it be?"

Then, they make that first guess, and it usually turns out to be the best answer.

NLP is also used to "Anchor" and "Trigger" states of mind. Like if you wanted to be more calm during traffic, you would do an excercise where you imagine being calm and peaceful while touching your finger and your thumb together, and then, in traffic, you'd touch your finger and thumb together to bring about that feeling.

The exact procedure is out there on the internet, and I can't remember it, because I haven't used it in a while, but Hopefully you get the gist of it.

Has anyone here ever heard of EFT before?

What are your opinions? Thoughts?

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

All links get disabled or edited for everyone.

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Please read: [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread5095.html[/DLMURL]

9. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Abundant,
    Welcome to the forum I hope that we can help you help your self and others

10. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Oh... welcome to the forum Susan. I will just ask, please do not market yourself if you're here to truly help others with PTSD, that includes private messaging, as it to is monitored by myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar