1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Ello - I Thought PTSD Was Out Of My Life

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by smallviolettree, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallviolettree

smallviolettree New Member

Just a quick introduction. I'm new. I'm small. I'm violet. Oh and I'm a tree.

A few weeks ago I was talking with my partner and they decided to challange me on my history o trauma suggesting that I might still be expericing the after effects of PTSD.

Being my usual smartassed self I started going through the dsm-iv critera hell bent on proving him wrong.

Needless to say I ended up in a pathetic heap crying in the shower.

I'm not really sure what I expect from this community. I guess I'm just kinda testing the waters out there.

At this point I'm not being a smartass and I have to admit that I am still trying to create some pretty unhealthy cycles in my relationships. Starting some where like here seemed like a nice and faceless way to try on the idea of doing something like going back to therapy. But it's something I'm still adjusting to... since I've come so far from the self - destructive person I used to be it's hard to admit I'm still dealing with ptsd.

Also... on a side note... I find the smileys to be refreshingly ironic...

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome Violet.

We all test the waters when we first arrive here! I consider it expected! LOL...

There is a ton of information and support here, have a look around and make yourself comfortable.

bec

4. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, Violet.

5. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hey, violet, welcome to the forum.

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi violet, welcome to the forum. Don't worry about being a smartarse either, plenty of us exist here.

Something I think you are trying to deny here, is that PTSD is incurable. That is right, it never ever goes away, as it is a neurological imbalance within the brain itself, one which cannot be reversed. Yes, the symptoms can be managed effectively for life if you know how, but it will never go away, even if you think you don't fit the criteria anymore, its still present and just waiting for you to make a mistake, or for a life occurence that causes extreme stress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar