• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Embarrassed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk my uncle was predatory and no one except people he did it to know.

I think it's natural to feel ashamed after, anyway.

I don't think you should feel embarassed, because we are only responsible for our own actions.

Idk what he is like, but it is confusing too if/ when someone you love or does do good things too, does some things very wrong.

For myself, when I think of predators in my life I think something must have have very wrong (in heir lives too). And most families have 'something'/ secrets. I also don't think it is genetic.

Welcome to you.

It is a pretty normal response to that kind of abuse. It is a symptom of PTSD, feeling bad. Can you send the child/person you were when this happened love and acceptance? I had to learn that I had an inner child, and I had to learn to love her before I started to heal from early child sexual abuse. I felt bad and nothing I did made me feel acceptable as a person until therapy.

Hi there Yoomeek welcome.
I'm sorry for what you had to go through to get here. I am glad you found us now maybe you will not feel so all alone in this. There are lots of good folks here that you will be able to related to as they know what happened by experience.
Feeling guilt, shame and the thought maybe it was my fault some how. You are in no way responsible for anything your uncle did to you. The guilt,shame and fault belong to your uncle not you.
My first abuser was not a family member but he was a trusted person. When he went away to university I used to sneak into his room to lay on his bed. I thought that I was someone special to him. I have so much guilt and shame in me over that. I was 5 years old and did not know that what was happening was abuse. I try to remind myself that it was not my fault so far I have not convince myself of that yet.
So I think that it happens to a lot of us we carry that weight of guilt, shame and fault that does not belong to us. It belongs to those who abused us.
Peace be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back