• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emdr (movie or full out relive?)

• Thread starter Deleted member 37474
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me @TexCat during EMDR sessions (16) there were no flashbacks...it was like a knowing that my brain was locked onto the molester 1, then 2, then trauma 1, 2, and so on...I never relived the full-on trauma...just my experience...during EMDR.

However, after I came home from the 2nd, 3rd EMDR my mind began flashing trauma memories...in fragments...over and over...only seconds of the particular trauma event. I was dissociated for/through most of my trauma and so I have very little trauma memories.

I also felt paranoia and extreme panic/stress too for my trauma events was extended, and brutal and horrifying to deal with. I hope this helps and I hope so much you receive benefits from trying EMDR @TexCat. Although T nearly fried my brain, I have benefited greatly from undergoing EMDR T. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back