• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

EMDR Therapy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jillybean

New Here
Hey! I am new here. i will be doing EMDR (rapid eye movement) therapy on Saturday to recover memories from my childhood. Has anyone tried EMDR therapy v/s hypnosis??? i am so scared!:eek:

There is alot about EMDR out there, some good and some bad, just do a search and you will see the posts, I think Bec did a sticky on it too from a bad experience.

I have been looking into EMDR, and I strongly suggest you make sure who ever does it IS one of Shapiro's students. Go to emdr.com and do a search for a facilitator in your area.

I am doing it now

I have been doing EMDR for a few months, not every single visit, but also for childhood trauma, and I am getting wonderful results: I am not upset at all anymore about certain specific things that happened to me. I can talk about them as if it was just a fact. It was a sad event, yes, but it does not drive me to tears to talk about the event, nor does the event stay with me for days and become a flashback, a nightmare, a sensory invasion, a week wrecker.

You have to be ready to do EMDR, and
you need a well-trained therapist that you trust.

Remember: you can say stop at any time. You have control. Have a box of tissue handy.

2quilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back