1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

EMDR Therapy?

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by jillybean, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jillybean

jillybean New Member

Hey! I am new here. i will be doing EMDR (rapid eye movement) therapy on Saturday to recover memories from my childhood. Has anyone tried EMDR therapy v/s hypnosis??? i am so scared!:eek:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

There is alot about EMDR out there, some good and some bad, just do a search and you will see the posts, I think Bec did a sticky on it too from a bad experience.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Good stuff jillybean.... look forward to hearing your experience.

5. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

I have been looking into EMDR, and I strongly suggest you make sure who ever does it IS one of Shapiro's students. Go to emdr.com and do a search for a facilitator in your area.

6. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

I am doing it now

I have been doing EMDR for a few months, not every single visit, but also for childhood trauma, and I am getting wonderful results: I am not upset at all anymore about certain specific things that happened to me. I can talk about them as if it was just a fact. It was a sad event, yes, but it does not drive me to tears to talk about the event, nor does the event stay with me for days and become a flashback, a nightmare, a sensory invasion, a week wrecker.

You have to be ready to do EMDR, and
    you need a well-trained therapist that you trust.

Remember: you can say stop at any time. You have control. Have a box of tissue handy.

2quilt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar