• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowflake

MyPTSD Pro
So next week I will do EMDR again. She wants me to think about what's bothering me/triggering me more. So I am thinking about issues with my mom or I thought about issues with my body. Ugh ugh ugh

Thoughts or ideas?

Well definitely go with whatever topic feels right to you. But one suggestion I can throw out there, is to think of something your mother once said to you, that has lodged itself in your memory. Consider the message she was conveying to you, and how you might have internalized it. Maybe consider using EMDR to challenge that message in some way. The reason I throw out this suggestion, is because I think a lot of people forget (naturally, though) how we perceived things as children. It can be very different from how we perceive things as adults. Internalized messages might sound 'silly' or something as adults, but as children, those messages can carry a lot of weight. Like as an example from myself, my mother once said to me when I was young, "Maybe you're not as smart as you think you are," in a very condescending tone with a smirk on her face. If someone said that to me as an adult, I would probably be like.. okay, good luck with your laughably lame insults, pal. But, I think it was quite different for me when I was young, and especially coming from my mother. It is probably no coincidence that I can be a bit of a covert cerebral narcissist at times. So again just something to consider.

Well I can think of a few. :( One being when I cried she chased me around with her breasts saying "suck the titty baba...baby " (yes shirt and bra off) another was "Men have urges and it is our job as women to meet those urges.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back