• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Emotion Makes Nose a Sharper Smeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodge

MyPTSD Pro
There's an article in the current Time magazine online about a study on the relationship between smells and emotions. It mentions that this has ramifications for PTSD. It's an interesting confirmation for those of us who've had smell-induced anxiety/flashbacks/etc.

The article can be found by looking up time.com. There's also a link to the article at the CNN website under their Heath section, at least as of today.

Hodge alerted me to this article and I found it really interesting. The most intriguing part to me was that in trials, people could identify the "real" smell among "mirror" smells if they were first exposed to it in emotionally charged situations (electric shocks). So often I am confused that I get flashbacks from a certain kind of smell, but not similar ones. This explains, perhaps, why. And it makes me feel less strange about being so sensitive to certain smells! It's a documented phenomena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back