• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emotional ferris wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushy

Learning
The best way I can describe my emotional experience is it's a bit like being on a ferris wheel. There are intense highs, intense lows and sometimes the ride gets stuck. When the ride stops that's when I panic. I really need to learn how to cope with the times when things stop, breath and enjoy the stillness. It's just really hard at the moment.

Sometimes the ferris wheel isn't stuck. It has just stopped for awhile for you to process what you've learned, see how you apply new things to your life... just a time for reflection. Then it starts again. I like the way you described it.... but it's not always stuck, as simply a time to rest and feel what peace feels like.

I like how you explained that. It feels more accurate to me than a roller coaster comparison. What gets me the most are the folks I choose to ride that ferris wheel with who like to rock the seat like a fool while we're sitting still. lol Same with the emotional attachments. It can be a wild ass ride even while sitting still at times.

I used to freak the hell out on the actual ride when folks would do that, especially if we were up high. Funny how I preferred the stillness the most when it wasn't available or even recognizable, but I didn't know how to get there or what to do if I did, and now, even after getting quite familiar and comfortable within the stillness, will still choose to automatically run like hell at times.

I guess it all boils down to our perceived amusement parks of life needing much more amusement. I manage that much better than I manage stress. Grateful to be able to laugh at myself, finally, for I continue to be my best entertainment. lol

Sometimes the ferris wheel isn't stuck. It has just stopped for awhile for you to process what you've lea...

I totally hear you, it's just the particular situation I'm in at the moment I'm not afforded a place to rest and I'm stuck in this repeating pattern :( It's not permanent...but will take some time to be free and in my own space where I can peacefully reflect. One day at a time :)

I like how you explained that. It feels more accurate to me than a roller coaster comparison...
I love the comparison of the person rocking the car at rest. Totally appropriate to my own personal experience at the moment. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back