• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emotional Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougyhowzer

Confident
So just a few hours ago , I was practicing a piece for my guitar and when I decided to use the metronome I had trouble playing rhythm .

In the end I hit my tolerance level and stopped playing .
Not long after, I went to the convenience store and bought few junk food treats.

Whenever I eat junk food , it's an indicator that I was trigger from a ptsd related event . The problem is , the only thing I could remember in this case was an event in my childhood home where I was coming home singing.

Bob yelled at me and told me to stop singing . I don't know what happened after that except I felt oppressed and it is most likely that I would run to the conveince store and either buy junk food if I had the money or steal it.

I wonder if it's possible that by playing guitar , I am re triggering that event of what happened with me and Bob.

Cool. The 7/11 was my favorite place. I bet you are right about the guitar. The funniest things are triggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back