• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Emotional/verbal Abuse, Ptsd, Did

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevenWolves

Confident
Hi, I'm 37 years old, recently diagnosed with DID and PTSD (August 2012). I have a history of emotional and verbal abuse by my father. A lot of my childhood is "missing" - no memory. I started drinking at age 15 (October will be 11 years sobriety). I've always had the same recurring nightmare that has family and therapists (past and present) questioning whether I was sexually abused, but I have no recollection of anything like that ever happening.

In 2001, I was sent to psych hospital for alcoholism and self-injury and have been in and out of therapy ever since. I've been through a few diagnosis and therapists and have finally found one that's actually listening to me. I'm currently dealing with physical issues - muscle/joint pain, muscle weakness, muscle twitching - and have been seeing a Rheumatologist and Neurologist since 2009 with no answers. Saw psychiatrist yesterday and she informed me that it could possibly be PTSD related.

I really don't know that much about PTSD, nor do I know anyone that has it, so it'll be nice to talk to others who are actually going through it as well.

Hi Sevenwolves,

This forum is really great and very welcoming, with lots of lovely people with so much experience and knowledge of PTSD and other related disorders. Also lots of people with similar experiences, so can relate.

I hope you find it all helps :)

Welcome to the site. I will say, muscle twitching can be caused by stress. My eye twitches a lot when I'm stressed out. I am glad you have found someone who can listen to you. There is a lot of helpful and easy to understand information here as well as supportive information :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back