• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Empathy/compassion - How Much Do You Have & Why?

How much empathy/compassion do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a depends on the day option. Some days probably way to much. I don't like other people to hurt. I've felt enough of it and really don't like seeing others go threw it. And then there are the days that I say flip it. Deal with it on your own I'm done. I know it's so drastically opposite but it's the truth at least for me.

I don't see that as too much.
Point taken and my issues showing through. I think the first point would do it regardless though (see wording in first post) even though I shouldn't have worded it like that. It still loosely indicates a lot of empathy and/or sympathy.

Ayesha, the main choices are still the same. The added ones are merely qualifying the first lot (I have clarified this in my first post) but I understand why it is confusing for you considering what you said before. It is a complex issue regardless isn't it?!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I find that I often have too much compassion and empathy towards others and that I have to sort of turn it off. It's emotionally draining at times. I also worry that I might intrude if I offer too much support, which maybe is illogical or incorrect. Sometimes when I am irritable or very consumed by own worries/symptoms you wouldn't know I have any ability to be empathetic or compassionate because I just focus too strongly on my own problems. That is probably selfish.

I just said that I don't pretend to have a different amount than I do. I tried to think if I have too much or a normal amount, but I really could not determine if I have a normal amount or not, as I don't know who to compare me to! My 1st answer was going to be too much, but then I wasn't sure, so I didn't click that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back