• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Employer Anger - Disciplinary Meeting... WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse

MyPTSD Pro
I am so upset right now, I don't know why employeers feel the need to knock you back down everytime you pick yourself up. What really gets me is that they use me for their convience, but also are being such jerks right now.
Heres my story if anyone cares actually doesn't matter I just need to get this out.
I was taken off work on the 19 of December as it became apparent to my doc that I was suffering from sleep deprivation and other issues from flasbacks of one of my Traumas, I was supposed to work on the 20th, My Dr. gave me a letter to take to work that stated that I was to be off work immediatly and would be re-assessed on the 29th, I gave this letter to the acting supervisor and told him that I didn't know when I would be back but that it would not be until the new year, before my Dr. appt. on the 29th the operation manager called me asking when I was coming back, I said that I had no idea that I had not seen my Dr. yet but that it would probably not be until the new year but that I didn't know, I had already filled out my short term disability forms, stating that I would be off until Jan sometime, I saw my Dr. on the 29 who stated that I would be still off and booked an appt. foe the 4th, on the 4th, she cleared me to go back to work on the 7th, so I took my back to work letter in to the office that day, Now they are saying that I committed derelect of duty, for not showing up to work, Jan 1 would have been my day to work, however at my job you are not allowed to come back to work without providing a letter clearing you for duty, anyways they call me tonight at 6:30 asking for a disiplinary meeting, on this thursday. Anyways waiting for my Uniion Rep. to call me back.. I am so pissed and lossing it right now. that I am suffering a huge anxiety attack, I shouldn't beacuse I am in the right But..... Thanks for letting me vent.

mouse,

The good Dr you have has the final word over your employer...
Always keep copies of those letters for your own personal file, as gov. agencies seem to "lose" theirs. Yr union rep should back you. If they play games, see a lawyer. Or sent all the info to the state's attorney general, for an investigation...
just a thought... tho...Vent away... we have done it, will do it again !!

keep smiling while you tell them to eat moo poo & die.....

D (wildcritter)

Mouse, get your thoughts together. Get your papers together. Have everything dated and organized. If you are in the right, you are in the right and should have nothing to worry about. I know that in the States, an employer has to have a pretty extensive list of reasons why to take disciplinary action against an employee. I'm not sure how it works there, but if you have your employee handbook that states that you went through the right channels, then you should be protected by their own rules.

I'm sorry this is happening to you Mouse, but I'm not a good person to talk about how great the health care field is to work in. It's stressful, they make you burnout, do incredible hours, and have the heart of stone, all with a caring touch and smile. Even though it's them that we go to for help for our health and mental health, they can treat their own employees with the worst respect and unfairness. It's two faced. They appear they care to the patients, but they won't care for one of their own when they become a patient. It's really sad. I'm sorry you had to be in the burnt of that. I hope that this resolves soon. I also hope that you start to heal. You've suffered enough, it's time to start healing.

Mouse that blows. You had a note stating more time off between the 29th and 4th? Did you turn it in before the new year started? Is not returning the letter in between those few days causing the backlash? You were cleared the 7th. Have you talk to them since the 7th, been to work, or stayed in contact with the supervisor for any schedules before this notice of action at work now?

Sorry you are having it so rough! Becvan is from Canada, maybe she can help you out.

I verbally spoke with the operations manager, on the 27th of December and told him that at that point I had no idea when I would be back but not till into the new year for sure but that I thought that the 7th was when I would be back he seems to have forgotten this conversation, even though I have reminded him, any ways gave my back to work letter on the 4th and nothing was mentioned about this disciplinary action and so I went to work on the 7,8 just as I was supposed to then on the 9 at night they call and set up this meeting. Arggggggggggg, and its not my responsibility to call them prior to shifts that I will not be at if the dr. has me off as I can not return to work without a dr. clearance note provided to my employeer well before next scheduled work day.

Hey Mouse,

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Let your union sort it. Your doc will support you too. Write notes from any conversations you had that you can remember and keep notes of any future conversations. You might want to look at this link too: http://www.bullyonline.org

i understand your pain Mouse. :angry-fla i wish i had more comforting words. i hope that things will work out for you. employers like this deserve to be... :hit-boss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back