1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Equine Assisted Therapy (EAT)

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by gvb, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gvb

gvb New Member

I am diagnosed PTSD and labeled "explosive" without being criminal and/or convicted.
    I have been treated with EMDR and cognitive behavior therapy along medications i.e. Zoloft.
    Nothing worked to reduce the symptoms. I only got worse end gained a lot of weight and are near obesity.
    I cannot sleep very well and have flashbacks. Also have got other fysical problems.

I tried alternative therapy like equine assisted therapy and this surprisingly workes fine. Being close to nature I feel better and become more relaxed.
    I don't have any obligations and can achieve my own targets (being more relaxed) in a safe way.

I have Equine Assisted Therapy (EAT) which helps me better than
    EMDR, Cognitive Behavior Therapy and medication as Zoloft, Efexor and other.
    What EAT can do for you is best explained on the following link which I can advise to you.
    http://www.intra.org.il/articles.php?tPath=13_37
    I like to express that I have no connection with this organisation but am impressed for what they do for wounded soldiers and other disabled.

I know that EAT is practised on many locations in the world. Maybe yoy will find one in your region.
    Just try it. If you don't like horses you may try Animal Assited Therapy.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

I readily believe that. My pets and my work and volunteering with animals definetely help with my symptoms, and I recommend animal therapy of any sort to all who love animals. Obviously, you are not going to benefit if you are afraid of them.