• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Even Shorter Work Schedule Due To Hour Cutting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanCharles

MyPTSD Pro
So,

Today I go to work (which I had to force myself to do today... I get through lunch and before my last break I am caught in a sudden conversation and am asked if I wanna go home early. In short, the managers goofed up and have to cut 10 hours this week! luckily I get paid for the previous week worked, so this won't affect this weeks' paycheck.

What has me concerned is that with the fact this deli is not performing well, especially since I am not there to clean on the weekends, since I am capped at 5 days a week, I feel more pressure on me knowing that I have a lot to do and know too that the grocery manager IS watching our performance which includes me...

I feel like I am on the Titanic after it's struck the iceberg!

First of all Geordie, you can sense something fishy going on! It seems like a well planned conspiracy against you and they want you leaving the company own your own so that you don't back yourself up with law and regulations. It is pretty clear to me that they don't want you working for them anymore after you tried validating yourself 2-3 weeks ago. It is best to get a new job asap before they cut you off altogether. All the best with the job hunt big bro :)

Do they at least have musicians brave enough to keep playing while the ship slides into the icy waters?

Dell has a big presence in my own home town and we often joke about their feast and famine. The jokes are not so funny to employees trying to keep their bills paid.

Sending hopes your way Geordie. Hope you get it worked out.

I currently have one application in (At least I submitted it) I dunno if ended up in the cyber junk pile OR if it was actually received and is in review. One option I have which would come in to question my medical situation, is that I take a Short Term medical leave. This would ultimately give me a possible out, the problem is I don't have LTD should the STD end...

I know that the food Manager has not been a problem, we've been friends even though he doesn't know my whole situation.

@arfie Cute! Thankfully they do have other music to drive me crazy with, especially when it's almost like they are tapping into the playlist in my head! lol

the problem is I don't have LTD should the STD end...
Which in my language means
I don't have limited(what) should the Sexually Transmitted Disease end...

Strange how the English language is so open to interpretation. And I still don't know what you actually mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back