1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Even The Smallest Things Are A Success

Discussion in 'Accomplishments' started by mouse, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

:eek:ccasion: This is a great Idea I love the fact there there is a place to show success, I would like to add that to me, my success is small but it is also huge, I will not say that I am healed cause that would be a lie . I am healing bit by bit, but my success comes in the fact that I have now learned that I have an illness, and that I need help and that by asking for and recieving help from others it doesnt make me a bad person, Really it doesnt:doh:

I also have a daughter that I love with ever ounce of my heart:kiss: I never thought that I could pass on that much love based on the fact that I never recieved any myself. I can do!!! I also know now that PTSD is an ilness and it is also one of those illnesses that have multiple issues that go hand in hand.

Forum administrators and editors you may choose to remove this from here but at least I feel good after having written it espaecailly with all the crapp at work it feels good to have this written down.:fight: so delet if you wish or move how you please but thanks for the chance to write it it has brought lots in to context.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. madjon

madjon Active Member

being able to ask for help when you need it and knowing it doesnt mean anything bad is a success, we all need help at times, and realising you care is a big success as well,

4. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Mouse, I like your point about not being a "bad person" because of having PTSD... Really, that does not make you "bad", just as does not do so pneumonea or allergy.
    And, the fixing of the problem begins with the recognition of its existance!

5. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

yay mouse! i think the first time you actually have hope for a good life in spite of ptsd is the first success for anybody.
    cathky

6. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I don't know why the forum editors would remove your post mouse, I think it's perfect for this section. Every little bit of progress counts, and being able to give love to your child when you didn't have any yourself is definitely no small accomplishment!

7. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Seconding Evie's post. You have so much love to give and a beautiful family to give it to. And you know your daughter will have all of the love and support she needs because you're a great mom and will make sure of it.

And I agree 100%...it's the little things that make the biggest difference. It's the little things we build the big things onto.

Asking for help doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you an incredibly strong person. To recognize that you have a problem that you can't solve alone and asking for help from people who can assist you...that takes an awful lot of courage. I'm glad you're so courageous.

8. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

That is simply wonderful mouse. In my opinion, being a mother is the most important job you'll ever have. If you only do that well, your life will have been a marvelous success. Your daughter is fortunate to have such a loving mother.

9. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

the best thing ever Tara has begun taking her first steps it is so cool with her B-day on Sat My success is that I will be there to see and to have a good day with her I hope I will make myself get there.

10. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Tara had her First Birthday on ST. paddys day it was nice all our friends were there and I couldnt believe it had been 8 months sincee my first PTSD trigger
    the death but I have made it a year some hings are better others and lots of them worse

11. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Hi,

Agreed Mouse, every small success is Huge. Because it's all part of you and your healing and moving in the right direction. You don't seem to be one to give up, and surrender to PTSD. I see you doing well. In it all, you're showing up for life and there for your daughter with much love to offer.

Keep up the struggle, bc damn it (PTSD healing), nevermind just plain life, with all it's punches, is hard work. Keep up the communictions, and keep up your success. You have much to be proud of and I'm glad you started this thread right here where it belongs, IMHO.

Hope

12. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I agree with what everybody else said. Mouse just making the effort sometimes is a success. I know for a while just sheving my face was a big deal.

13. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

I really do feel like I am having good days, i dont worry nearly as much about the things that i have no control over, life is important, so is living