1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Everytime I Open My Eyes There Seems To Be Another Trauma Thought About

Discussion in 'General' started by pandora, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

OK...........so here goes. It is almost like admitting you have a problem but someone else caused this one and i definately didn't choose this life. I am a 35 year old mother of one and a registered nurse. My background 5 years, surgical, 2 years palliative care, 2 years instructing and then one year of supervision in palliative care.........I now have been off with PTSD for almost 3 years, was supposed to return last summer and then went on a roller coaster with a migraine and boom.....3 herniated discs, bone spurs and my spinal cord is kinked.

I was at a school trip with my son. He is bright and wonderful, he also has Aspergers syndrome and tourettes, OCD, ODD and he is actually thriving ( I must be doing something right) Anyone that doesn't know what aspergers is it is a high functioning form of autism. I also had three other children in my group to keep an eye on and one decieded to have a "meltdowm" and i had to run through the park to get him. We finally stopped and I vomited right behinnd a tree. So now...OK I am rambling. I really will start a journal. I think I need to, I can hardly catch up with my fingers my brain feels like it is on fire.
    Take car:angry-fla This fits oh so well

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

I wrote about the trip because that was where the accident with my back happened.:crazy-eye

4. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Hello pandora, I have a grandson with aspergers, he is a love and very bright. My niece, extremely bright, was diagnosed with it at age 5. She is 23 now and has PTSD as well, so it's difficult sometimes to distinguish, what is the PTSD and what is the aspergers. Your accident sounds horrid, I am very sorry. Starting a journal would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar