• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Evie Admitted To Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy

MyPTSD Pro
We put our Evie (batgirl) back in hospital today, as she's in terrific pain. The medication used to manage her pain is not working as well as previously. She's also got pneumonia, which only adds to the misery. Additionally, my husband and I were extremely concerned about suicide. Evie is not suicidal, but the doctor warned us recently that cancer patients lacking good pain control can become suicidal very quickly. So it's best she have 24 hour care for now. The good news is, she was not distressed to be admitted. Usually she protests rather a lot. Today she seemed resigned to it. In any event, I did want to mention she's been admitted, as I know there are many here who care about her and are interested.

Please let her know that she is in our thoughts. Please let he know I send her my best and hope she gets her pain under better control soon. We will miss her.

Tell her wishes for her pain control are heading northward and she'll stay in my thoughts.

Thanks for letting us know.

Oh dear. I hope that they sort out some more effective pain relief for her.

Best wishes to her,

Lisa.

Thank you all and yes, my husband or I will update you as we learn of new developments. She should be quite comfortable in hospital, as they are able to monitor things much more closely than we can at home. We will also send her all your wishes.

:eek: Physical pain can be a real bitch IMHO.....I have always it hard to deal with on a continuous basis...It's good Evie's in the hospital to help get her pain level decreased....I myself have gotton suicidal when the physical and/or emotional pain just does not quit....so her doctor has you on the right track with her....Give her my best wishes....PEACE FOR THE COMMON GOOD

Hey Kathy & Jim say hi to evie for me and give her a big hug but dont squeeze to tight also tell her Humphrey and me are still f---ing the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back