• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Evie's Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart goes out to all of you for the pain, and suffering that continues to knock at your door.

Cancer is an evil, evil, thing to have to deal with. I am so sorry, and just feel helpless. I wish that there was more that I could do.

Just know that I will keep you in my thoughts....Stay strong, and stay loved.....

Wendy

Jim and Kathy, I am most disappointed to hear that your weekend away was interrupted and you had to come home early as I know Evie wanted you to have a wonderful time. I personally know she put a great deal of time and thought into finding a way of thanking you for all you do. It is unfortunate but I guess the gesture in it self was priceless considering her being ill and still making the arrangements.:rolleyes:

Evie is lucky to have you both and at the same time is an amazing woman to have the strength to keep soldiering on..... even if it is with your gentle nudging to keep her going.

My heart goes out to you all with the kindest of wishes.

Sorry to hear that news about Evie as you say all she can do is think positive which will be difficult for her. I am sure she appreciates the love and caring she gets of you guys.
Jen

Thank you Wendy, Jen and Nicolette. Your support is always appreciated.

It is unfortunate but I guess the gesture in it self was priceless considering her being ill and still making the arrangements.:rolleyes:

Yes we think of it in that way as well. Not to mention, we did attend the concert and it was fabulous. And we will be returning to the spa soon, so no worries there.

Evie will be fine, it was just a very bad shock to her, the news she received, but it is nothing she hasn't heard before. We are trying to find a cancer support group for her. She has an online group, however a face to face group would be preferable. Unfortunately as we are in the country, transportation and distance is always an issue. Though Jim does have the time to drive her, so if he was allowed to accompany her I believe he would enjoy it... not to mention it would get him out of my hair so to speak as he annoys me at times! :tongue:

Evie had quite a bad night, she awoke in the wee hours with chest pain and difficulty breathing, and was panicking over it. However, we were able to ascertain that it was an anxiety attack rather than anything physical. We're becoming quite proficient at telling the difference! Several hugs later and she was back to sleep. I do find some of her anxiety symptoms, which were somewhat under control, nightmares and night terrors especially, have returned with a vengeance since she has become physically ill. It is understandable, though I must say we didn't notice it last time with the cancer.

I would think Kathy that it is normal... Evie is facing so much right now, and it would start the ball rolling again for all the crap to surface.

Give her a hug for me, and tell her that she is strong, even if she doesn't feel it...

Hugs,

Wendy

An unhappy note as well, and no doubt also contributing to her depression, and to our worry... the results of Evie's bone marrow biopsy, received yesterday, were not good. She may need to begin chemotherapy once more as a result.

Jeez nobody told me about this part yet. I hope shes okay. I hope your all okay. Can't wait to get home.

Oh my I apologize dearest, I had no idea you were still reading in here! We had planned to tell you about it once you returned home. Especially since you must decompress before returning home and so on, we thought it best to wait. Perhaps that was a mistake though, if it was I am sorry. We can't wait for you to come home either, we all miss you.

Don't be a stranger Travis. Pick up the phone if you miss us. Always appreciate hearing from you.

Evie is having a repeat of last night. Chest pain, trouble breathing. Just got her to sleep. Christ, hope it won't be every night like this. Hard on her, makes me worry. Anxiety? Uncertain. :dontknow:

Jim.

Kathy and Jim,

I'm so sorry Evie's had another bad night. I would imagine that the fact that the cancer came back is a huge factor, i.e., you think you beat it, now it's back. A good friend of mine, as you know, went through this several times, albeit without ptsd and it was still a tremendous challenge.

Tried to cheer Evie with some funny email, but she may be too tired for that. You all have my prayers.

Hodge

Thank you Hodge, always appreciated for the prayers. Yep, hard for her to accept no doubt. Hard for us too. However. Know for a fact Evie enjoys your emails - showed us the cartoon and animal pictures. She will likely see your latest email tomorrow.

Jim.

You're more than welcome, Jim. It has got to be extremely hard on you all. That's flattering to me that Evie shares my emails with you guys. Lately, I'm just trying to share stuff I know about that might make her laugh - it's stuff that makes me laugh, anyway, and now that I know you guys may be reading this stuff, I really hope it gives you all a chuckle too, because we all know how important humor is for healing. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back