1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Ex-boss Yanking My Chain - I Can't Take Anymore

Discussion in 'General' started by becvan, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Well, I still hadn't got my final check and the ex-boss is playing games about it so I went to get it. Hmm no vacation pay and no record of employment (which is law that both must come with the last check) So now I have to call the ministry of labour, send in complaints and start this whole legal process.. I just am at my rope's end.

This is my life lately:
    -on disablity and all the running around for them
    -Matt's PTSD out of control
    -My PTSD out of control
    -Chris's emtional problems and violent tendencies
    -Matt scared of Chris, house now turned upside down
    -Living room floor ripped up but not finished
    -Financial issues
    -FAC's involved concerning chris's issues
    -just finished court for jerk off
    -have to apply for child tax benefit for chris, will be big fight with father
    -was going to move, now might not be able to
    -doing PTSD workbook
    -doing imagery therapy
    -working through triggers
    -broken truck
    -trying to get chris' id (his dad lost all of it)
    -med issues and disablity fight with doctor
    -can't see a pych (on waiting list), no therapist for me, none for matt

ETC... I could keep going. This is the list of crap sitting on my shoulders right now. I'm on the verge of a big crack and I know it.. I can't take much more..

bec

Just wanted to add, the ministry is sending me a complaint form, then an officer will be assigned to it, they invesitgate it and then order the company to pay me what they owe. Ha. Goes on the business permanment record. That made me feel a little better anyways

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Shit bec that's a lot of crap to be dealing with all at once. Not sure what to suggest except try to take it one thing at a time, one day at a time. Kathy and I will be thinking of you.

4. becvan

Thanks Jim. I'm down to second by second currently! I need to "hire a spouse" to give me a hand. LOL. I could start a business with that idea!

bec

5. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

Who knows, maybe you could! That's a great idea!

The fact that you are dealing with so much shit and still standing? And still doing self work? And being so supportive to others on the forum?>>>> MAD PROPS, baby girl. You've got fortitude!

Glad to know someone like you! Your process continues to wow and encourage me!

6. catatonicky

catatonicky Member

sheesh just one of those would be enough!......i admire the fact that you're still coherent! big hugz from downunder, hope the pressure lets up soon
    cat

7. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Beca, that is truly disgraceful. Contact your lawyer, or even better get your local MP (Member of Parliament) to sniff about over this. He might be able to help you.
    Scott:cussing:

8. becvan

Thanks guys. I started to hit a hard crash yesterday. Went over to my girlfreinds for coffee. We must have told the kids to simmer down ten times. Well guess who got hurt? I just snapped. Dragged my youngest home, made him shower and off to bed. Chris came home a while later, took one look at me and started tiptoeing around me. I was ready to kill someone last night. LOL, good thing I'm running out of meds as I wanted to eat about four times my dose just to get some peace. ARGGGG, being allergic to alcohol can really suck. So this morning, I have to double check my youngest's chest (he got squished with two hefty kids jumping up and down on his back) and make sure he's okay. I'm going to try to avoid life as much as possible for the day. I have one appointment, and that's all I'm doing!

*I do that much because I have no choice.. no one else to come and help or take over for a day. I'm finding though that I'm crashing harder and more often due to the stress and that I'm not getting back up as far as I should each time.. *

bec

9. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Beca, Come on Lass try and calm down, I know its hard for me to say, but for the sake of your sanity, try and relax, the kids will be upset to see you like this, and please don't even think about taking more tablets or I'll come over to Fort Francis and kick your ass right down the High Street.
    Try and get a good sleep, try and drink a mug of cocoa or horlicks to make you sleepy, with lots of milk in it.
    Take care kid.
    Scott:hello:

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Can you find the key word here, bec? You know where I am going with this...

11. becvan

I'm actually going in the opposite direction of healing. If I were healing, I would be crashing, then getting up, and my up would be longer, my crash less. Instead, my crashes are longer, my up less, and everything is harder.

So ummm, nope don't know where your going! (heck, I don't know where I AM right now, never mind where anyone else is! LOL you get the idea.. have to point out the obvious to me here...)

bec

12. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

your key word above and you know that is hurting you! You are still fighting acceptance that you are not superwoman and since you have experienced healing that you can't crash as low as you have. Well yes, you can when it is new. You just have to redo what you did before! And you can! Same steps.

Who says??? You cope with a certain stressor over and over and work on it then that is the normal course, for THAT stressor. But you are not working on one single one right now, you keep having it shoveld on you. You have new ones. You are crashing hard as these are NEW. You will have to hit bottom like you are now and fight back up. Pull it apart bec. Not as a whole. One thing at a time. Stay out of the workbook for now as it trashes us in a healthy state of mind (wtf a good state of mind is huh?). Work on what you have with skills you own. Type it, write, get it out and put each in its own space to work on it.

Bec find the biggest one and lets pull it apart. NOt all of it you listed. Knock the biggest one out first. You cannot run, you have to slowly work through it. So where would you like to start? Think about it.

I am going to hop in the bath and fold a load of laundry. YOU find the biggest issue in the mean time and lets start hitting it together. WHile you lose the damn should! Hugs with a kick :)

13. becvan

Ughhh, argghhhh, I didn't even see that "should." Damn! Okay, am playing superwoman again. Thank you for catching that. No more shoulds.. bad bad bad...

That makes sense with the healing.. never thought of that.. it is being shovled on.. I'm not in a white-jacket, bouncing and rolling off of squishy walls, so i must be doing something right! LOL..

Okay Disablity. My first thing.

I'm slowly getting used to it. I have all my papers in one place for it, so i don't lose them. I have everything, except two, done that they need. (got a check list from them, she was very nice about my unstate of mind) I was even cut off today ( a week and a half, can you believe that? LOL) but I called to find out what I mucked up, and went downtown and gave them a copy of the sheet required. Put back on disablity. (okay this is an every month thing, they cut you off every month, so you have to be on the ball with what you need to do for them)

My good points are: rent will be paid. that is a big BIG stress relief for me. My drugs will be paid. I will have some money for bills (not a lot but better than none).. I can ease off on the finacial strain for a bit. I can try to work on getting healthy both physicall and mentally. I desperately needed the time.

So, I have got myself fairly organized and am getting used to the idea of being on it. I will be okay for a place to live and my meds will get covered. I have actually resolved most of this issue I think!

bec