1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Exposed - Medication, Drug Companies and Mental Health Organizations

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by anthony, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

My wife was just reading todays TheAge newspaper, and low and behold on the front page is all about how top mental health organizations have now jumped into bed officially with the major global drug companies. You wonder why I tell people to not trust physicians at face value, instead study them as they study you, because their intentions are not always in your best interest, but often their own best interests, and this just continues to prove my statements in regard to this.

You might want to go and read the http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/mental-health-takes-industry-pills/2006/08/07/1154802820416.html, as it goes on for four pages, and the above is only from the first page. Plenty more is exposed within this piece about the secret deals going on behind consumers to benefit nobody but the organizations and drug companies. In other words, drug companies don't give a flying rats arse whether the drugs are in your best interest or not, they just care about the sale and profit for themselves.

Don't be fooled that this is just an Australian thing, as more likely it is that Australia was just one of the last to come onboard with the drug companies, as the USA and Europe have been in cahoots with them for decades now... and most likely so has Australia, but we only find out about the more recent events.

Drug companies and most physicians do not necessarily have YOUR best interest at heart, instead their own salary and profit margins. Again, research your physician just as they research you. Any doctor that you walk into that is immediatly just throwing drugs at you, isn't much of a doctor in my opinion, because I have been to some of the best, and the best aren't necessarily the most expensive, more the doctors who look on both sides of the fence towards what is best for you, the patient, ie. natural alternatives or prescription, or a combination of both to limit the harm going into your body and the side effects caused that do little more than counter act, or make worse the symptoms.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar