• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Fallen Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanishq

MyPTSD Pro
I admit I have fallen apart in walking. My last months' walking record is so horrible, random and out of order. I feel shame to look at it. So I haven't posted anything about it.

Here we have thread about log your exercise daily. It helped me to keep going for many months, I mean for 7 good months. That was great. I understood I was immensely inspired by the thread.

Now I feel inspiration alone isn't cutting it. I am not feeling motivated. It feels like I am missing something which is bothering me and makes me even more confused to go outside for pleasant walk. Sometimes I feel I am missing many things. :confused:

The more I think about this, the more I get anxious and then panic of losing the exercise, I also panic at the thought what if I became unhealthy.

I am out of ideas. I want to learn more. I want to learn are there other things besides inspiration which can help me to continue walking outside no matter what?

What are others things which can help me balance my mindset and keep the fire up to go for walk?

I hope I am making sense in asking question. It's hard for me to ask for help.

You & me both, TQ :wtf:

It only takes me 3 months to get training level, 3 more to be seriously fit. It's been 9mo since I started, and at best it's ... Erratic. I haven't even passed the 1 month mark.

For myself, from past experience, I need a goal (or better yet a series of goals) & it needs to become part of my daily life. Something I do as naturally as brush my teeth or take a shower.

- I can't think far enough into the future on a regular basis to have a goal meaningful.
- My daily life is too chaotic to get a routine going. I keep trying, but I think I may be trying to build a castle in a swamp; no foundation to build off of.

Is this something you have done in the past? If so, do you have patterns like me? Or is this something that is brand new for you, and you are learning?

Hi @Tanishq , this probably isn't useful but instead of long range how about one day at a time, & set a reward aside to do it (something you like when you're done)? Or use the walk to complete something needed (to go to the store, etc- something necessary). Or if it's too boring add music, or take a camera or pictures with your phone? (I'd suggest getting a dog but that's a bit radical. ;) )

Please don't feel ashamed- gentle with yourself, remember. :inlove: :hug:

@FridayJones Yes, Ditto. All of you wrote. Erratic, Yes. Wanting to build it as daily routine, Yes. Oh I love it how you expressed it as an example how we brush our teeth daily. We want walking that way. May it happen for us.

Need a new redefined or completely new goal, Yes. My foundation is missing. Hey, I do feel somethings are missing. This must be one of them it then.

Something brand new for me because it keeps poking me to learn "relaxation". Learn about relaxation skills. I confess I don't relax during days, is that why I feel sometimes too tired?

Thanks so much for showing understanding. I feel understood.

@Junebug My dearest friend, thanks for your ideas. I didn't do that, I used to call walking felt pleasant. but it didn't feel like rewarding. Hmmm, I can see this another missing thing.

Truth to be told, I don't think I can have pets. I can't take care of myself, how I am going to take care wonderful angelic doggies? I can't be careless towards them.

Gentleness, I almost forgot that,too.

Thank you :inlove: :hug:

Oh unbelievable. I found 3-4 missing things. Now time to note down and take care of it.

I interpreted your post in that you've lost the feeling of wanting to excersise. And is that leaking into other parts of your life? Like dominoes it goes for me. I do really well for awhile and then lose the passion-or maybe I didn't have it to begin with. The only advice I have for you is perhaps switch up to a jog. You'll release more endorphins that way, but on the opposite, you have to get running shoes that fit perfectly or you'll get injured. And anyway, it's hard to stay attached to the effort.

I can relate, just a little. I have had trouble walking for physical reasons for that lenght of time myself. I have considered however that it means every step that I take now is an victory. That my base-line is clean and I can start new. I am learning to 'fail' or fall short of my self-imposed expectations, just a little better each time through resilience and self acceptance. I am more than the sum of my imperfections.

Let me know, if you decide to walk in the moment. I will cheer each step. Pick a happy place to visit and perhaps meditate there for a bit, bring back the sunshine, capture some fresh air and a story of freedom. :hug: You have much to offer in so many ways.

I almost always feel better for having gone for a walk, even if I'm not very interested at the start. It also helps me to have a dog! To him, every walk is a super exciting experience and I feel good I can do that for him.

I think it is important to look at your health. Walking increases your blood oxygen level, which helps you to feel more alive, stronger and have other benefits. I think about what will happen if I don't exercise. My health would decline and I don't want that to happen.

@KwanYingirl Thanks for understanding my issue. My good luck is it hasn't spread in other areas of my life, I don't think I will let it spread. Yes, I have lost the rhythm. A month ago I had back pain, weird I never received back pain when I was walking for 6 months, suddenly back pain came and then weather change happened. I couldn't adapt to new weather faster as I wished myself to be. This is the point I started losing it.

Then I began to look where I need to work on more. Then I understood I need to learn how to relax myself. I think not having enough rest did play part. I used to feel mentally exhausted, sometimes physically exhausted.

No, I don't plan to get attached to walking. I would like, I want to just love the walking. Attachment doesn't work for me. It just hurts me.

Thank you so much for your input. It has made me think with calm mind. Helped me.

@Recovery4Me I like your view so much. First paragraph is full of looking at this walking from different point of view. Story of freedom and oh yes it's time to pick a different place now. I haven't thought of meditating outside.

Now this is getting interesting again. Just like it was in last December month. :D

Thank you so much for your thoughts, it has helped me to think I can add more fuel within me.

@Chava Having pets is not possible for me. I thank you for your opinion. Yes, doing for your pet companion's happiness can help you to go outside and be happy.

@SheilaKathy Thank you for your input. Walking does help to bring more freshness into body. Agree with you on that.

I admit I have fallen apart in walking. My last months' walking record is so horrible, random and out of...
You know I am still healing from surgery, but I found an app on my phone that counts my steps/miles/calories burned/etc. It keeps a memory and log of my past activity and it seems to help me find motivation. I look at it all the time and I always want to try to get more steps than the day before. Maybe something like this would help?

@Theresa1122 I am glad to know you are healing from surgery. May you recover in time.

Yes, I keep log of my all daily activities in my journal. Last month was just plain horrible for me. I feel ashamed when I look at last months' horrible. This month I have started getting better.

Looking at it does help me. Thanks so much for your input and understanding. It is good to have gentle reminder about what works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back