1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Farwell - Anthony Pissed Me Off

Discussion in 'General' started by JoannaG, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoannaG

JoannaG Active Member

I would like to take this last opportunity to bid my friends here farewell.
    Thankyou to all those who offered me support, and encouragement here. Due to reasons I cannot divulge here I will not be posting anymore. Those of you who have encouraged me here will be remembered and know you made a difference in my battle against pstd and gave me courage to take the steps necessary to aid in my own healing. You will be in my hearts.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I added the appropriate part to the heading, because that is exactly what happened.

Joanna, I am sorry that you feel you must run away. If you ever want to really help yourself Joanna, the door is always open here for you and the support you need.

When your ready to help yourself, I am sure I and members here are ready to help you also.

Take care of yourself please, because you haven't been lately.

4. Jennn

Jennn New Member

*Shakes Head*

Anthony, I think what you've just done is very irresponsible. You have set out to make a woman you don't even know look bad when she is already feeling terrible. Forums are for real support not condesending responses. You do not know how well she is taking care of herself because you do not know her. When someone is very upset they do not always behave in a way that is usual for them.

Perhaps you should consider this, what if this woman commits suicide? Would you like to have that on your shoulders? When someone is pushed to their breaking point all they need is a little nudge. Maybe everyone should keep that in mind and show a little more empathy.

I'm also disgusted that you added onto her subject, it was very childish.

I suppose this will be deleted because it's fine and dandy for you to treat someone else poorly but I doubt you will tolerate someone standing up for her. I think that is very unfair. You get to have your childish way and she has almost no voice. Any voice she has is tampered with by you! Horrible.

Perhaps in real life you feel trampled upon and feel the need to abuse people online.

5. anthony

Hi Jennn,

Look, I am not a person who is backwards in coming forwards. You don't know the half of the situation to be honest, and if you want to stickup for Joanna, that is fine. The facts are, she is pissed off at me. That is not childish, that is honest. I pissed her off by editing her when posting whilst drunk, her admitting she was drunk whilst posting, posting insulting and derogatory things to people about their pasts, and the list goes on... generally all because of alcohol.

I am not here to stuff about with people Jennn, I am here to be honest. I can give it, and I can take it. As per your remarks above about editing your post, no... I will not, as that is not the person I am. Everyone deserves the right to have their opinion, providing it fits within the stated guidelines of this forum.

Honestly, if the forum wasn't moderated as it is, I would have people posting nasty things about others all over the place, in spite, in anger, in rage, whilst drunk, stoned or drugged. That is the nature of PTSD... and using this forum comes with rules. I own it, but the members actually set the rules. The buck stops with me, thus I do not have the opportunity to pussy foot around with people who come here to make others suffering worse, instead of better.

Joanna has done some very good things here, but also some less than acceptable things also. The less than acceptable where mounting up at a rapid rate. See, I could have deleted her original post, but again, I don't do it.... so please be careful about who's character your judgeing here.

I do not pretend to be perfect, nor do I pretend to always make good decisions, but I am honest about it, and I am honest with all members of this forum. The forum comes with rules, and regardless whether a member has made one post, or a thousand posts, the same rules apply and the same things will happen if people post obscenities when drunk, rudeness by being drunk, poking fun at other sufferers past because your drunk and don't use commonsense, courtesy or manners towards others.

I call a spade a spade Jennn, and make no secret off it. I think maybe you should get all the facts before making assumptions about me. I have my good days, I have my bad, but I am honest about it atleast. I know if I stuffup to apologise and say sorry, even if I do it daily, I still know if I have done wrong.

I haven't done wrong here, except be honest about what is going on. I have been very tolerant of Joanna's postings, very tolerant to say the least. The door is always open for Joanna when Joanna is ready to help herself. Joanna is not ready to help herself at present, thus I will not beat around the bush about it.

Look through this forum, and you will see plenty of times when I have stuffed up, been out of line and so forth, and simply apologised for my own stupidity. Most people know it... some don't. Joanna even said to me that she would not apologise again for posting here when drunk, especially posting derogatory remarks about another members past... I say bite my arse in those situations. A person knows they did wrong, but won't take responsibility for their own actions. Not my cup of tea.

If someone wants to commit suicide, it has nothing to do with me. I am not responsible for other peoples actions, nor is any other member here responsible. If someone comes here, reads something, then goes and blows their head off, there is nothing anyone here could have done about it, nor is it anothers fault. That person needed more help than what could be provided here. I know, why don't we turn the entire Internet off, because someone might see something, read something or participate in something, then go kill themselves? Not realistic, not even close.

6. anthony

I have closed this thread because both Jennn and JoannaG are both from the exact same location... which means they are either the same person or JoannaG has lined up a friend to help support her here and help justify this.

End of discussion.