1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Feedback On Going To My GP Today

Discussion in 'General' started by Rapunzel, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member

As I said, I made an appointment to see my Doctor, who listened attentively and immediately understood what I was saying. He talked to me about the possibility of medications, specifically SSRI which he wrote down for me and said I should look them up on the Internet, as well as the entire subject of serotonin deficiency.

I plan to do that.

I have to go back in two weeks, having filled in a form to assess my level of depression, to talk about medication. So I feel relieved and a bit more hopeful.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. moki

moki Guest

you are taking good care of yourself and are doing what is right for you, right now. it is a very, very individual thing.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I would never say to someone not to take medication at the worst of their PTSD if it helps them. Its only the ongoing use of medication I believe is more harmful than beneficial. The mind needs a break when the worst is upon them. I would not recommend to anyone they go through healing trauma without some sort of control mechanism. Tough if you do it, but not recommended for the pain it causes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar