• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Feedback On Going To My GP Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapunzel

New Here
As I said, I made an appointment to see my Doctor, who listened attentively and immediately understood what I was saying. He talked to me about the possibility of medications, specifically SSRI which he wrote down for me and said I should look them up on the Internet, as well as the entire subject of serotonin deficiency.

I plan to do that.

I have to go back in two weeks, having filled in a form to assess my level of depression, to talk about medication. So I feel relieved and a bit more hopeful.

you are taking good care of yourself and are doing what is right for you, right now. it is a very, very individual thing.

I would never say to someone not to take medication at the worst of their PTSD if it helps them. Its only the ongoing use of medication I believe is more harmful than beneficial. The mind needs a break when the worst is upon them. I would not recommend to anyone they go through healing trauma without some sort of control mechanism. Tough if you do it, but not recommended for the pain it causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back