• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Feel unable to get help

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SW83

Hi all,

This is a long and protracted issue so i'll keep it to the point as possible. Please note I am based in the UK so therefore some of the information I provide is based on the services accessible in the UK.

I suffer from PTSD, Agoraphobia, Depression and Anxiety after leaving a very violent and controlling relationship which leaves me unable to engage with anyone face to face but I cannot engage with males by any medium.

Due to my illnesses leaving me virtually housebound, I am dependent on Social Security. In July 2017 my benefits were reduced substantially. After appealing this and having to take this matter to court my benefits were reinstated. Subsequent to my 'win' I feel I am being 'harassed' by the Department of Work & Pensions with them contacting me on 5 separate occasions in the past 2 months to be reassessed for the benefits I was awarded when taking this to court. Although this may be coincidental, I have also had a number of unknown persons attend my home during this time and a van with blacked out windows parked adjacent to my home on numerous occasions during this time, leaving me of the belief that the Department Of Work & Pensions is monitoring me or trying to 'catch me out' so to speak in order to not have to pay me the benefits. This belief caused my anxiety to increase and to suffer quite severe panic attacks and such and therefore I contacted my doctor. The doctor believed I was suffering paranoia and had concerns for my well being and sent a mental health team along with 2 male police officers to my home who attempted to force their way into my home, causing quite a 'scene' outside my home and breaking a window in the process. This bought back many unpleasant memories and such and since this incident my health has deteriorated further, having frequent panic attacks, being in very low mood and further removing myself from normal life. I am now at the point where I feel I need medical help as I am at a very low point however do not feel able to seek it for fear of the the same happening again, possibly being institutionalised or such.

Dies anyone have any advice as to what to do as I really feel I am in a catch 22 situation.

I am now at the point where I feel I need medical help as I am at a very low point however do not feel able to seek it for fear of the the same happening again, possibly being institutionalised or such.

What kind of help do you think would be helpful?

Are there advocates who help you get engaged in life again? We've got those in the US. These people go with you everywhere and help you get to therapy, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back