1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Feeling Great and Happy to be Alive

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh77, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

Hello Everybody!! i haven't been on the forum this past month, but i am feeling great!! Even though i still have nightmares and anxiety/panic, i am just very grateful to be alive! i have grown both emotionally and spiritually since joining this forum and getting out of my house; dealing with my triggers in a healthy way. Everyone on this forum has been very helpful (especially all of the forum administrators, like anthony and bec, and a new friend Patty a.k.a willing)!! This forum is full of important information, suggestions, and examples of healing. I owe my newfound emotional health and positive attitude to everyone on this site, and i mean EVERYONE!! i also owe credit to my psychiatrist, but i'm mainly talking about this forum. Most importantly, i acknowledge myself and God, for without God and without the work that i have done, i would still be living in complete hell/terror.
    I will continue to take suggestions and strive to learn something about my PTSD everday because i know that although i have been feeling great, i have much more work to do before i can become totally healed.
    Thank you to everyone for their past and current support!! I am going to do more reading than posting right now, for i need to look for suggestions and examples.
    Everyone have a blessed day,
    Joshua

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. slhlilbit

slhlilbit Active Member

you know sometimes just being alive is all we have to do. Let go and let God.:claps:

4. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Great point, Josh! :thumbs-up

5. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

way to go, josh, i am so glad you're feeling great!
    cathy

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Good to hear your working hard Josh with yourself... excellent news. You know, people will learn from your advice, the very things you have already said here... others will use that and learn, hence the idea of this community; we all just help one another through the good and bad, kick each other in the arse when needed, careing when needed.

7. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Great news, Josh! I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. And glad to see you back!

8. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Well done little buddy.

9. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

In denial again I guess

I guess I'm in denial again. Works been going pretty good. Been working undercover on street crimes (car theives, robbery suspects, etc.) so I havn't had the stress of thinking about getting bloody scene calls. I keep missing doc appointments (I'm sure I do it on purpose). I have stayed away from the forum BC it's a reminder of the PTSD. Been keeping too much to myself. Same old stuff. Figured if I put it down and see it in writing I can give myself a kick in the Arse. Thanks for listening.:dontknow:

10. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Atleast you know it Terry, which means the hard part is done. Getting people to recognise denial is most of the challenge, to simply be honest with themselves goes a long long way to helping oneself. Well done mate... and please take care of yourself ha...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar