1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Feeling Like I am Going to Explode

Discussion in 'Dysregulation' started by splost76, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splost76

splost76 Sleep Management Editor

I know that everyone has stress in their lives, and that one persons stress to them might be more to them than it looks to me, but I am still so sick of people complaining to me about such little things. I decided to go back to college, and I knew there would be stressors, but then we adopted a little boy, I am grateful for him, but then that was one more thing to deal with, than work has gotten unbearable, so many aweful things to deal with, I work with children who have been abused. And then well the list keeps going on, I have recently started having nightmares and flashbacks again, I feel like I am going insane, and then one of these young college brats, hmm, starts to complain that there is too much homework, they dont have a significant other to take care of, they dont have kids, they dont work, daddy is paying their way, but they are the ones stressed and feeling like they cant go on, please, I am on the road that is going to break into a million pieces, and I feel there is no way to stop this from occurring. I wish there was a support group around, but not that lucky, I live out in the middle of knowwhere thanks to skipping a better job to allow the wife to live near her mother!!! I guess I am just a whiner as well, when it all comes down to it, but my stress is blowing up, and I think I am going to come unglued!
    :crazy:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Yup you are under some stress. You are not a whiner. You are doing the best that you can, with what you have right now, and your doing fine. You have a lot of things that you're dealing with and trying to accomplish at one time.

Try and take 5 minutes and really look at how much you are doing.....Now are you really whining???? NOPE!!!! You have a ton of stuff. Anyone would be under stress with what you have going on.

Now I guess the hard part is how do you manage time for you to de-stress with everything you have going on???? There has to be a way that you can manage to get some "ME" time in so that you can try to relax even if only for 10 minutes.....

Be proud of everything you are doing. It will pay off in the end.

nie likes this.
  4. FlyLadyFan

FlyLadyFan Member

I'm with you. When people complain about their stress levels due to something they are obviously bringing on themselves and is of no real consequence anyway, I get very irritated (and hide it I hope).

Please consider how you can rid yourself of some of what is currently weighing on you and stressing you, because it CAN break you into a million pieces to the point where you cannot put yourself back together. Of course, you probably already know that because you're on this forum.

I found out (the hard way) that the world can continue turning without my carrying it. Try to let something go.

In the immediate moment .... cut a class to spend some time in a hottub for example, something purely indulgent but not self-destructive. It's kind of a tiny little reassurance that you have the power to stop being dragged along by everything else (at least for a few minutes).

Just my 2 cents. Best wishes.

FLF

5. splost76

splost76 Sleep Management Editor

Thanks, just seems at times stress just likes to blow up all at once. Life is sure bringing down the stress now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar