1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Feeling Like There's No Future!

Discussion in 'General' started by wadoo, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wadoo

wadoo Active Member

Hi.

I feel like I have no future. I lie in bed at night and cant even focus on tomorrow. All I can focus on is where my head is at the moment.
    I want to make plans and have goals but I my mind just wanders off into never never land. I feel so selfish but cant help it. And even writing now I think why cant I be like I am now. But I know that when I go to bed I will get into the same thinking. I know I get bad anxiety at night especially when It's time to go to bed.

I am worried about my health and wonder if I'm going to wake up in the morning due to dying in my sleep.

I understand that all of this is distorted thoughts but how do I stop the process.

Does anyone else have this or am I definately weird - coz I feel like I'm a freak.

So many issues to get through, feel like your all gonna get sick of me whining. Sorry.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Nope that's normal for us. Our brains are too busy to think that far ahead.

Hmm.. well other than writing scripts for countering negative thinking styles...

Try writing down what you are fretting about at night.. then give yourself a half hour or so every morning to tackle what is worrying you.

During the day, make yourself a future goal and write it down. Add to the list each day. (Future can be one month, a year.. whatever is good for you. Make sure it's not a goal that you could never reach or you'll just depress yourself.) Whenever you try and think of your future.. read through your goal list. Try to imagine accomplishing each goal! What does it look like? How does it feel etc?

Sorry early morning, little coffee.. will add more later.

bec

4. slhlilbit

slhlilbit Active Member

I agree with bec. lists are great. I never thought i would get older. always thought i was going to die young. im not young anymore. But im starting to feel old, i still cant see a tomarrow. i think there is enough trouble in my day to day to go to the future. as for goals just do the best i can.

5. wadoo

wadoo Active Member

Thankyou. I've only just realised that I posted that thread and only just read it now. Yes I'm going to do what you have suggested because it is a concern of mine.
    Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. feeling like there is no future

Show Sidebar