• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Feeling Somewhat Suicidal Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadeaway

MyPTSD Pro
Not at a place where I am going to do anything, but not sure how long I can go on like this. I want something I can never have. I want want what was taken from me that I can never get back. I want to stop wanting. I want to find something to replace the desire for something I can never have.

I want family. What little blood relatives I dead have are all dead except for one and she thrives on my pain. My children where kidnapped by my abuser 8 years ago. He promised if I ever left him I would never see my kids again. I should have stayed. Hope hurts too much anymore because anytime I have hope of being reunited with them it is shot to hell. (please no comments about this, I have been through it all heard it all. "fight harder to get it in the news blah blah" I have done all I can do. People think giving advice on how to find them helps, it doesn't, what ever advice you can come up with, I have tried already. It literally drove me insane. It has been EIGHT YEARS stolen from me that I can never get back).

The worst is that I want nothing more than to be a mother. My ex forced me to get my tubes tied at a time my therapist says no Dr. should have ever agreed to because I was not mentally capable of consenting at the time. (fresh after my mothers suicide and death of a family friend and 2 children hospitalised on top of physical abuse had left me in a total dissociated state at the time the surgery took place).

This means I can never be a mother. I try to replace my desire for family and children with other things but there is nothing. I want to stop missing my kids, I want it to stop consuming my thoughts. I want the desire to have another child, one that I can do things right with, to go away.
I want the desire to have a sibling or parents I could talk to, to go away. I want the pain of everything I have been through to go away.

I want to find something in life I can be passionate about and enjoy. I fear that in 20 years I will have no positive memories to look back on like I don't have any now. My life was nothing but abuse until my kids were kidnapped by their father, and nothing but pain since. I try so hard to be ok. I spend all my time trying not to think about it, trying to distract myself, but nights like tonight it just comes crashing down. I guess I just don't have enough distractions in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fadeaway.

You sound like you're in a really dark place. I'm so sorry that you have found yourself there.

I lost my kids due to my ex as well. And it sucks. Were you in a violent marriage? I ask because I was and my ex husband used the threat that if I left him, he would tell child protection that I was a drug abuser (which I wasn't) and that he would get the kids. He made good on the threat too. This actually happened. I lost custody of them because of his lies. I also lost my car and my house at the same time because of him. I lost everything and I found myself suicidal. I don't know why I'm still here sometimes, but for me I kept living for my kids even if they weren't with me. I realized that I had to carry on no matter what because I didn't want my children to grow up knowing that their mother killed herself. Even when they were not in my custody. I hope and pray that you can find a way to carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I was in a very violent marriage.

I realized that I had to carry on no matter what because I didn't want my children to grow up knowing that their mother killed herself.
That is what kept me going for a long time, but now, I am not so sure.

I was in a really violent marriage as well. If you want to talk privately don't hesitate to leave a message on my profile page. I am also new here.

I am so sorry your children were stolen from you and that you are in such a dark place right now. I have no similar experience, but I just want to say that I sympathize and I hope you will soon get some light back in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back