• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Fifty Shades Trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of a Anne Rice novel, only this actually has a plot. I have only read one Anne Rice novel, which I can't remember the name of. It had almost no plot, just sex which was repetitive. I got bored and didn't finish the novel.

My view of sex has changed a lot in the last 6 months or so. It's still hard for me and my medication really does not help my libido. But it's changing.

Books like this help I think. It brings the thought to the table that sex is normal and pleasurable. Not all sexual acts are bad/violent/rape/painful.

I think someone who has had sexual trauma should read this. It brings you out of your comfort zone and at least for me opens my mind up a bit.

I think people who have had sexual trauma should not read this book until they have had a lot of counselling first. This book could cause triggers to abuse for some people and I would not recommend it generally to a sex abuse trauma survivor unless I knew the person was at a point in life that they could handle the content.

I was worried about that also, because some of my trauma is sexual. It actually wasn't triggering for me, just a good read.

I have never read a book that has child grooming in it. I knew that other people must have been groomed like I was but I have never met any of them or read about it in books.I always thought that because I was a bit older when it happened that I must have been stupid or something. But Christian was about 15 when it started.

I can't describe how I feel. There are some similarities in the abuse. Sort of. The same mind games all with the same evilness to them that that lady started.

:wtf: IDK...

Lucky this little boy can't read yet....

394374_422707934442434_106232755_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back