• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Fighting Over Everything - Resilience Of Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

MyPTSD Pro
I view my story as a success of living with PTSD and still be able to enjoy my life and to help others.
I was severely abused by my father, had a bad experience with doctors (underwent a gemangioma removal and a tonsillectomy without anaesthesia, nearly died of a latrogenic infection, and so on); lived in the time of sad political changes, food shortage, and high crime i my country (still remember 6-8 hours food lines), was a subject of discrimination against Hebrows, took a part in the Moscow rebellion of 1993 and miracleously escaped being killed there.
Of course, that did not make me a nice sweet girl. Yes, I was involved with many risky activities; no, I was not doing well at the school; no, I was not hoping for anything better, did not have any support from my parents and did not recognise I have a problem.
I was lucky to meet nice people everywhere. For example, my first boyfriend, who showed me that I can have a happy relationship.
In 1999, I moved to the USA with my mother. That was a great change in my life. I had to work hard regardless of the issues I have. I was working 100 hours a week, 2 full-time jobs and 1 part-time, although had a really bad insomnia. I had to learn how to communicate with people at least at work; otherwise, I would be fired. I had to realize that I need to educate myself in order to have a better life. I got enrolled in the college, and was managing to be a full-time student and a full-time employee. I met a wonderful man who became my husband. But most importantly, I found the profession I love, and succeeded in the field of veterinary medicine a great deal. I began as a volunteer in the local shelter, and in two years was already one of the anaesthesia nurses in the biggest animal hospital is the state, got certified, and was recognised as a dedicated and efficient worker.
Nobody ever new how misirable I somtimes feel. Nobody ever realizied that my success at work is a result of my constant fight with myself, my memories, my past.
The recognition of the problem and taing steps toward healing was the beginning of a whole new story. I am seeng a councelor, and will probably have to seek more advanced help. I recognise that I need that, and understand that no miracle will happen, since no succes is ever achived without fighting. My whole life is a prove for this point of view.

Wow you've been through so much Linda. Thanks for sharing, personally I think you've done great in spite of it all.

Linda,

You're right-no success is ever achieved without a fight. And the fight makes the victory that much sweeter.

There's so much you've done in your life to make it better and you're continuing to make your life better by taking care of you and working towards healing. Wow! Your story is a real inspiration.

Thanks for sharing it and I'm glad you're here with us.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story Linda. It's quite inspiring. You've gone through much hardship in your young life, and yet you continue to fight bravely. I'm not certain I would be quite so resilient in the same situation. Congratulations and my best wishes for continued success!

A Jewish prayer:
"Dear God, please, never let me to experience everything I can get through".
A Jewish saying, about any bad thing happened:
"Let it be the worst thing happened to you in your life!"

Thanks everoyne.
I appreciate you.

I view my story as a success of living with PTSD and still be able to enjoy my life and to help others.
What a fight! And, certainly is a successful one at that. Great Job, Linda. Much for you to be proud of. Great Attitude! ....as attitude means so much.

Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back