• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Finally Cardinal George Pell Is Named!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms spock

MyPTSD Pro
For those that have waited for so long for some type of acknowledgement of what happened to them, and for those who were hoodwinked by Pell into not going to the police, and acted in good faith not knowing that Pell was protecting himself and his own.

His statement is at the bottom of the news story.

http://www.news.com.au/national/car...e/news-story/5d2f12f27a554b296331dc7a77797e20

I doubt there will be justice - because the long term effects of child sexual abuse means a person is generally not "fit" to be a reliable witness in a Western adversarial legal system.

But at least it is named.

For those no longer with us. RIP. It did come out in the end. It is named.

Mrs. Spock thank you for posting this. I could say so much here but still feel tongue tied - I don't know why!
Have witnessed firsthand the suffering these men wreaked. Makes me want to cry, scream and die all at the same time.
They don't get it.
Hope I see justice in my lifetime

@Ms Spock
I'm sorry that the court is the way it is, but at least the bastards name is all around, and people generally know that the accusations are true.
:hug: I hope a miracle happens and the justice is served, though. Some of the shit that happens in the world is truly awful.

@Saelben thanks for your comments and thanks for being there for me today.

Pell's job, for the longest time was to bully people that came forward, to get them to access "counselling" and "support" but getting victims to agree not to speak publicly about what happened, and he also dissuaded victims from going to the police. He also had the particular history which he had acted out on people and he covered the tracks of all different types of abuses - it is believed by some that he became a Cardinal for his good works of covering up child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church in Australia - but if you talked about what he had done himself or what he had covered up you got crucified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back