1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Finally Getting Help Myself

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Andrea42, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea42

Andrea42 Active Member

Hi everyone :redface:
    I have not been able to visit the forum as much as i would like... Mine and DD's computer at home got a virus and its done!! we need a new one :(
    I wanted to share with everyone that i am finally getting help (for my own problems) and have been seeing a doctor twice a week. At first it felt good.... to vent..to let things out. This past week i feel angry and today i dont want to go (talking about my father and family really depresses me and i hate thinknig about it) but i am doing it, for myself, for DD and for everyone around me.
    I need to get on medication next so i am working on that. DD and i are ok at the moment... Things are not great, but they are not hell either... He is doing good in his EMT course and i am proud of him and i am just concentrating on getting better...
    its so hard, considering i have become a weak person and do not have much of a push..but i hope that in the end it pays off and i become a better person :)

~hugs to everyone~

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Well done andrea... great to hear that your both pushing, both helping yourselves. Thats what its about, joint effort, not one or the other, but both. Well done.

4. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hey Andrea

I'm so glad to hear that you are starting to take care of you! Well done & big hugs!

Be kind to yourself during this time & I hope it is the start of some great things for yourself & DD.

5. hannah

hannah Active Member

andrea - ditto to what has been said - really pleased your facing your demons and hell is presently absent for you and hubby. Sending you best wishes for the journey x

6. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Andrea, how is DD, tell him Jock is asking for him, and to ask him to drop me a pm. Its great to see how you are getting on, keep up the good work.
    Scott:walking:

7. Andrea42

Andrea42 Active Member

Thanks guys!! going through alot of differents emotions right now but im hangin on tight for the ride....

Scott i will let DD know that you asked about him :)

~HuGs~

8. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Andrea, thanks, hope work isn't to much for him. Tell him to take it easy, and that's an ORDER from me.
    Take care
    Scott:eek:ccasion:

9. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hey Andrea

Hope all is well with you & things are going well with you & DD.

10. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Absolutely vital to have help for yourself Andrea. Both partners need support for a marriage to work and be happy. Well done!

11. Andrea42

Andrea42 Active Member

Hi Everyone,
    I hate the fact that i no longer have internet at work :( and my computer at home its still not at its best :( i have alot of catching up to do in here but i will be around soon.... Still in therapy... doctor asked me to bring my hubby in on monday..it was so nerve wrecking but i made it through the longest 45min ever.... I appreciated the fact that he was there for me, meant alot...

12. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Well done! As my 3yo would say "Give yourself a pat on the back!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar