• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Finding The New Normal?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28812
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28812

What does it mean to you? While I like that expression I am unsure about the meaning.

Life before kids was normal.
Life after kids / becoming a parent? A new normal.

Life before PTSD was normal.
Life after PTSD. A new normal.

Normal isn't static. It changes as we do with. Whether it's moving out on our own, working different jobs, getting married, having children... Or having PTSD, Diabetes, a missing limb, etc. We have a lot of new normals in our lives. It takes time to learn to adjust to that.

Lol - mine is just the same old normal - having grown up in a house with a father who had combat PTSD before I was born and now in a relationship with a vet who had combat PTSD before we met. Oh look - grown man yelling and throwing things? Grown man not speaking for hours on end? Grown man staring off into space and not responding to his name? Yup - must be my house! ;)

I like you explanations. To me it means just what it means to @FridayJones. I just wanted to know how others thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back