1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Finishing Projects For The Move

Discussion in 'Social' started by becvan, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi all.

I am attempting to get some projects finished up before I move and I feel compelled to share this one.

My grandma passed away a few years ago. I was close to her and still miss her a lot. She, and my grandfather, were the only leather workers in our area. If you could think of it, they made or repaired it.

When my grandma died I inherited a hat from her (it's crazy but I love it) and an old vest that she had made. The vest was huge! I only used the vest on Halloween (I would dress up as a cowgirl, hehehe) and wanted to get better use of it. So, I turned the vest into a purse.

I started Saturday night and cut everything and finished it last night. There isn't a stitch in it. I just used a few lacing patterns to make it.

So anyways, this is what it looks like. I just wanted to share it as it's special to me (and I think I did an okay job!)

bec

Attached Files:

fin likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. madjon

madjon Active Member

looks good

4. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

It looks really good... you're very creative. I like making jean purses.

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Thanks guys.

Jean purses eh? I used to have this bag (and it was a bag, it was huge) that I had made out of a pair of jean overalls, it was the funniest thing you ever seen! It looked just like a pair of overalls missing the legs! LOL

I never thought of that as creative. Thank you.

bec

6. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

That's so gorgeous. You are an artist, really.

7. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Bec you are a very creative person, it looks amazing! I'm sure your grandma would be proud of the work you put into it.

8. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

Bec

That is such a cool idea. It's like caring good memories with you wherever you go! The purse looks great!

9. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

What a great idea. i love these types of sedimental items! Take Care
    Hope your move is going well and I hope it brings you all that you deserve (you and your son too)
    Take Care
    Pandora

10. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Hey Bec! I like to do the same type of things. My mother required a sit down ironing board when I was a child and now I have it. The top is wood so I am going to decopauge some childhood/adult pics on the top and now I will have the coolest end table going on.
    I can also appreciate the moving part. I am moving to a townhouse AND moving my m other from her place into the same place AUGH--- to moving, but 2 residences at once is a killer to my stress level. Anyway, cool what you created. Good therapy isn't it? HERC