1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

First message - PTSD From Accident

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NickArran, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickArran

NickArran New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new to writing on forums, but after coming across this site I can't believe how many people feel the same as me - I thought I was on my own!

I was diagnosed with PTSD 4 months ago after an accident I was in 12 months ago - the accident I can't remember at all, I'd had too much to drink at the time, but also can't remember anything until roughly 5 days afterwards. Anyway, things have got better for me since I was diagnosed and been on antidepressants - most frustrating thing now is ALWAYS being tired... No, not tired, exhausted!! Is it normal to last this long? Will I ever feel awake again??

Nick.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum. Being tired could be from many different aspects ranging from injury to depression to the meds for depression. You will have to learn more about yourself to be sure.

4. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum.

Lisa

5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome,

When you have PTSD...You are never alone.....We're her to help.....

Wen

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Nick... medication side effects vary from person to person. If you believe its the medication, then look at alternatives. Honestly, I would get out daily and exercise to see if that helps first. I mean good exercise, a good hour or so walk, longer even; run, ride, whatever, just good physical exercise. If your still exhausted after a couple of weeks on that, then change your meds.

nie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar