• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

First Nightmare In Weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junie-pie

Learning
Lately, my nightmares have faded and somewhat disappeared. But on Monday night, I had a nightmare like none I've ever had before.
Like I have made clear, I am a spiritually inclined person. But I wasn't always that way. An ex from two years ago who I have not seen, heard from, or talked to since I moved cities appeared in my dream alongside the "best friend" who abused me.
I was an angry, hateful person and once, all my friends tried to hold an exorcism because they thought I was "possessed"
Anyways, that's some background information.
The nightmare itself left me frightened and confused.
It started with me sent off somewhere, I think a boarding school or a mental hospital. We were placed in a room, and both my uber-religious ex and my abuser were in front of us, looking down on us like we were garbage. They scanned the crowd and picked me and a girl with ram's horns out of the group. I looked down to see occult symbols all over my body.
They began to call us demon spawn, and told us we needed to be sacrificed. As they grabbed a hacksaw to cut the girl's horns off, I screamed at my ex and cussed him out. A white light came from my eyes as my fury grew bigger. After I had stopped, they dragged us to a dark room where they strapped the girl to a table and brutally tortured her, forcing me to watch. Just as I was strapped down to the table I was awoken.
I have tried with several people to decipher this dream, but it makes absolutely no sense. Why am I dreaming about people who haven't been in my life for years? Who is the girl in the ram horns? What does this all mean?

Lately, my nightmares have faded and somewhat disappeared. But on Monday night, I had a nightmare lik...
Does your nightmare trigger or bring up any past abuse that you may or may not (?) have experienced in your life @Junie-pie? My nightmares usually are connected to the abusers/abuse. What a scary vivid dream. Wow. I have had demonic-themed nightmares with the demon in nightmare usually turns out to be the child-molester, or the rapist dr., or the step-monster from Hell, on and on and on - multiple, multiple abusers over long span (decades) of time @Junie-pie. I cannot interpret your nightmare - I again can say that most all of my nightmares were and are directly or indirectly connected with the many *caregivers* that violently abused me. Hard nightmare story to post for you @Junie-pie. So sorry you had to endure this and that is still with you. I do care about you. JadesJewel

Please take or leave the following as you see fit.

Horns have long been associated with strength and power. Horned animals can use them for protection and for battle- think of the Vikings with the horns on their helmets! . In your dream you screamed and cursed at your ex- definitely asserting yourself and seeking to protect yourself. Our abusers don't like to be stood up to, which might account for why you and the other girl were singled out. Horns have also been thought to represent mental and spiritual strength. It makes sense to me that the abusers would want to remove the girl's mental and spiritual strength- just as you identify yourself as a spiritual person.

In regards to your "uber-religious" ex, Christians have long associated horns with Pagans- those who reject their strict view of life and religion demonize those who dissent. The Devil, for instance, has horns. Pan, the Greek/Roman god of passion and the woods, was known to sound his horn and PANic people. A dream such as yours would lead anyone to panic! Your "friends" deeming you possessed by the Devil (horns included!) in need of an exorcism might lead you to dream of a girl with horns.

I think the specificity of "ram's horns" might be highly significant. The ram's horn figures prominently in Judaism. The Bible makes numerous references to the blowing of a horn or trumpet, especially a ram's horn. Might you have been exposed to any of these scriptures by your "uber-religious ex?" Even if not, Jung proposed that certain symbols are innate in the collective subconscious of the human race.

In Joshua 6: 5: And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him...”

Could the city you are blowing down be the wall between you and the past, or you and the future you want? Just suggesting a possibility, since you asked. And you did shout (scream) in your dream. And the wall between your nightmare and being awake fell!

In Islam the horns represent strength and invincibility, as well as conquering one's enemy. You don't have to be Muslim to be a part of Jung's "collective subconscious" human race.

The other girl could be your physical self, who suffers the tortures in your dream, while the "you" in your dream could be your spiritual self. They can hurt your body in so many ways, but they cannot break your spirit.

To summarize what I offer as just a possible interpretation:

You and the other girl are one. You are picked out by your abusers because you dare stand up to them. They abuse your physical body to break your mental and spiritual strength, but your spiritual self prevails.

As terrifying as the dream was, it might actually mean that you are on a positive track in your healing journey.

Just my two (or twenty-five cents) worth. I'm no dream analyst, I just play one on the Internet:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back