1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

First Post - Comfort In Finding Others With PTSD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kraye, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraye

Kraye New Member

Residing in Vermont. Long history of all kinds of events. Spent many years working through a bunch of stuff without the PTSD label. Found myself, at age 45, looking for a new direction. Picked grad school, counseling. Find myself drawn towards PTSD. Lot easier to deal with vets and their manifestations as I am also a vet. Not very easy dealing with complex PTSD as that's where most of my stuff is/was. I'm graduating in a month or two. Just have to get the thesis done. Have never hated anything as much as I hate the whole thesis thing. Bringing up a lot of stuff I thought that I had dealt with. A lot of isolational stuff coming up as well as avoidance, mostly interpersonal emotional stuff.

Don't know why, with all the research I've done, that I didn't come across this place before.

Anyhow, it's a comfort to read through people having the same type of reactions that I'm having. It's really hard not to go to that, "No-one can possibly understand the shit I've been through and the shit I'm feeling" place.

Kraye.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find support and help others too.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Kraye, welcome to the forum. Sounds like your doing well fighting through things yourself, which is very well done. Takes most people a while to work out they can't achieve much if they are not prepared to do so themselves. Great to have you aboard and look forward to chatting more with you.

5. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

Hey, kraye, welcome to the forum.
    cathy

6. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Kraye how are you, welcome to the forum, I'm an ex Vet as well.
    Scott:hello:

7. beatle_bailey

beatle_bailey Active Member

welcome Kraye

You are going to find a lot of identifycation hear ,, Welcome aboard ,,
    I'm a vet age 52 and like you delt with most of my stuff on my own for yrs ,, first I drank and druged them away then got clean an sober and did it the hard way ,,God what mental pain we can put our selfs thru ,,, I only found this place 6 months or so ago ,,

any way hope you find what you need here Beatle Bailey ,,

8. vcc123

vcc123 Active Member

Welcome to the forum Kraye.. everyone here is great.. I found so much comfort here!! It IS good to talk to people who know exactly how you're feeling. We're here for you. :hello:

9. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum