• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

First Snow -Adventures of Cougie

Status
Not open for further replies.

becvan

MyPTSD Pro
I love the first snow. It's always soft and sticky and lot's of fun to play in. My dog, Cougie, also loves snow and I just can't let the first snow go by without taking her for a walk in it.

So last night, Matt and I took Coug out for her walk. We dug out all the appropriate gear and set off. I had forgotten how much easier it is for Coug to drag me around when your sliding on slippery white stuff! We made it around the block and stopped in a big field and let her off the leash...

She is hilarious. She's a black bullet once she has freedom. She wipped from one end of the field to the other. She chased every snowball we threw at her (she loves to catch and eat them in the air) and worms her way through the snow. Worming through the snow is kinda like her attempting to swim in it. Which is really funny when you only have a half inch on the ground.

Also a favorite thing of mine is that I can see her in the winter! She can't hide from me when she's all black against the white snow!

I'm hoping to get pictures later, so you can all laugh with us at the antics of Cougie!!

We had fun!

bec

Sounds lovely Bec! Our dog Mate is only a puppy, however he also loves the snow and everything you described regarding Cougie is very close to the actions of Mate! Thank you for sharing, it has brightened my morning to read puppy adventures and also to know you enjoyed yourselves.

First snow?! Holy guacamole, Bec! I guess that makes it feel like winter, though. I love how still and quiet it gets when it snows. Wish I could take the Vicious Cat out to see him react like Cougie!

Snow??? That would be that white stuff I see in pictures, yeah? Thought so. *grin*

Sounds like Cougie had a blast playing around in the snow. Looking forward to pictures.

BTW-sounds like you and Matt had fun, too!! Good for all three of you.

Lisa

Sounds like a great time, Bec. I like to get my dog out in the first snow, too. And Misha does the same thing ...well, she did up till last year. We'll see if she does it this year. Only Misha's white, so she really blends in. Still, she does look like she's trying to swim in snow, reminds me of a dolphin, haha. I hope to see your pictures, too. If I can get pictures of my dog doing it, I'll post them, too.

Yesterday we saw our first snowflakes too ! I just love winter and even our snowstorms !! and people around me think I am completely nuts lol...They say "yea but you don't have to shovel the snow and get the car started" lol...

All I think about is how beautiful and magical it is ! And how wonderful to take a walk with snow falling on you !

Becvan, you brought back such wonderful memories of when we had our beloved dog ! He used to love the snow too ! What fun we had with him :)

All the snow melted. :( So pictures will have to wait for the next snow fall. Glad you all liked this so much and have similar stories and fun! Hope to see some of your pictures too guys!

bec

I'm moving this thread up because we are having our first real snow today! We're supposed to get a lot!! My camera is charged up and ready in case I can get our dog Misha to go "dolphin-diving" when it gets deeper later today!

Here's pics of the snow we're getting now-

Tonight when I got home from work. You can see where I cleared part of the hood earlier. That pic is later.

Link Removed

Total snowfall so far, on my hood.
Link Removed

The pic I talked about.
Link Removed

Looks like you got a bit more snow than we did, CJ.

I thought I was taking video of Misha outside yesterday, but it turned out I wasn't working the camera correctly, so I got nothin' yet. Now I know how to do it, so if I can get my butt out into the cold, cold air outside, I'll try it again. She wasn't doing the dolphin dive, though, just sticking her nose into the snow and scattering it around, lol.

Well the picture with my truck was last night... the next two are this morning. We are buried. LOL Matt is digging out the back and Coug was helping a bit! lol... I have yet to make it out.. but I have to dig out the front!

bec

Attachments

• snowing!.JPG
    snowing!.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 135
  • Matt and Coug.JPG
    Matt and Coug.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Coug.JPG
    Coug.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 107
Wow, Bec, you got a lot more than we did, too! Good luck shoveling. I thought we'd have to shovel a lot today, too, so I've been doing my warm-up exercises in hopes of avoiding aches and pains. Looks like Cougie's having a good time in the snow, though :) Misha has been driving us nuts wanting in and out constantly with this snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back