1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

First Time On Forum - PTSD Since 1985

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hollyberry, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

Hi, I'm Holly and I'm not sure what to write. I quess i've had ptsd since 1985, when a well meaning therapist tried to get me out of the denial about my mother, by hypnosis. I cried for the next year. Ive been hospitalized for depression and drug use about 7 times since then. It wasn't till 2004 that I learned my problem was ptsd. I always thought that it only happened when I tried to get off nicotine (been off the drugs for 12 years), untill last month. I was looking through family pics and saw my grandfather and lost it. I have very little memory of first 13 years of my life. At 13 my father died and my mother got a new life with a man who didn't want me and she chose him over me.. We were close to my dads parents but that stopped, because when we went to visit a couple weeks after my dad died and my grandmother cried so my mom didn't go back. From 16 to 18 I lived in a trailer with 2 brothers and during first 3 months my uncle, grandmother and grandfather died. I was heavy into drugs by then and can't remember funerals. I also think there was sexual abuse at 6 years old. I have so many questions to ask all of you and can't wait to here back from you.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Hi Holly, welcome to the forum.

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome to the forum Holly.

bec

5. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome, Holly.

6. vst

vst Active Member

Welcome Holly

vst

7. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

can someone help me understand how this works. I see that vst is online and wqould like to talk but don't know how. How do we get support when we cant really talk to anyone.

8. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Currently there is not much you can do Holly except post. Once you are out of moderation you will be able to send private messages to other members. We also have a live chat room though members are not always in there. Saturdays at 16:00 USA Ohio (Central Standard Time I believe, adjust to your own time zone) is a scheduled chat where there are usually at least a couple of members present.

ETA: I thought I should add though, you currently do not have chat privileges yet either. If you wish to speak to others, for now it must be through your postings. Perhaps you would like to start a new thread in the Chat PTSD forum.

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome holly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar