• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Flitting Thoughts? Easily Distracted From Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa

MyPTSD Pro
Hi,

Don't really know how to describe this, but I find that I can't follow certain trains of thought. Not with things I have to remember to do, it's usually a thought related to how I'm feeling. Before I can take any time to follow it up the thought runs away from me and I immediately forget it! It leaves me with the knowledge that I've got something going on in my head, the sort of feeling after a nightmare or dream you can't remember, but can amost sense. It's incredibly frustrating! The only way around it is if I happen to be typing and I can catch it in time to write it, but most of the time that's not the case.

It's not like scattered thoughts, more like very fast flitting thoughts. I don't think it's conscious avoidance of difficult emotions, because I know when I'm doing that. It's totally involuntary. I do have memory issues with my PTSD, but I've never heard of anyone else with this problem so I don't know if it is related to PTSD? Or am I just being weird?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi Lisa, I sometimes have this problem as well, I think of something, and then the next moment, I'll say to myself, "What was that again".
Here's an idea. If you suddenly have an idea, or thought, write it down immediatly on a post it note, and stick it on the door of your fridge, or on your computer screen. That may help.
Scott (Fellow Brit):hello:

I write notes all the time but never remember to look at them. My docs office's stay pissed at me BC I never remember my dates.

Thanks for the advice Scott (hi fellow Brit!), Celt and Terry. I am glad I am not the only person who seems to struggle in this way. I have now started carrying around a diary/notebook with me so that if anything fleets through my mind I can catch it, so thank you for the advice guys !

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
I'm new here only today and you sound alot like me. I spend nearly all my days not being able to remember what my thoughts are. Very hard to stay on track.
Would be nice if we could be a help to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back