1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Floatin On a Bubble Waitin To Be Popped

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ubu, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubu

Ubu Active Member

ok well here it goes. first i screwed up by putin my full name in the user area. I typically like to go by UBU thats ooboo not u be u. Im a cop and got that as a nick name when i started. Always trying to do everything right, dont want to get into trouble. All that BS.
    I am a spouse of a PTSD sufferer. I have my own issues to as we all do. I dont want to make this too long. But here we go.
    I grew up in the LDS or Mormon church. I gave it my all for 23 years. I served in a bishopbric much like a minister but different and in the high councel. My then wife and kids supported my and i believe were proud of what i was doing in our community. During my time in the bishopbric i felt depressed. No joy in life. Dr prescribed Zoloft, been on it for 10 years now. Upped the doesage over the years still seems to be workin.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

welcome to the forum Ubu..

There is a spouse section that you might find helpful and loads of information. Look around and get comfortable. Consider asking your spouse to join for support also, as we know and get PTSD..

bec

4. vcc123

vcc123 Active Member

this is my hubby

Ubu is my husband.. he came on at my suggestion and got a page full of feelings off his back. (however, he fat-fingered the keyboard and lost 9/10 of what he had originally typed. I didnt read it, but by the look on his face when he was done, it may have been a bit therapeutic for him. (Ubu.. I'm glad you're joining us, remember that you can be honest here and say what you want, it wont be held against you by ANY of us.)

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

That always sucks when you lose an entire page you just typed... Nice to have another couple on.. good to see ...

bec

6. Lee

Lee Member

Hi Ubu, glad to meet you. Sounds like you and your wife are going through same kind of things as me and my hubby. It's a difficult beast to work through, but keep posting when you feel down as it really does help.

7. waynes

waynes Member

Ubu,
    Welcome! Glad to have you here! There is strength in numbers, and understanding in dialog.
    I am the spouse of a wonderful wife who suffers from PTSD. She has made a lot of head way, but still, when a new stressor comes it can crash her. That is why I'm here. To be strengthened and lifted up by the good folks on this forum. And along the way, maybe be some help.
    Soon, I think Marilyn, (my better half) will get the gumshion to come on this forum. I am working on this. She needs the nuts and bolts approch that Antony has.
    But I digress.... We are sure glad to have you here. Come set a spell. Try to retype the page you lost.

Wayne:thumbs-up

8. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

Hiya Ubu

Welcome >_<

9. Ubu

Ubu Active Member

Did it again

2 hours typing. I logged on typed submitted and it told me your not logged on. im a dumby:wall:

10. Ubu

Ubu Active Member

Thank you

I did thank everyone in that post for the warm welcome.
    I will be back. I need a break after typing and loosing it.
    Thank you again.

11. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome to the forum ubu. So then... why are you on zoloft? A cop, ok... what do you see in your rounds? What does your wife suffer PTSD from if I may ask?

12. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

welcome UBU I have talked wit your wife welcome and may you find peace

13. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Ah ha... just put you together... VCC123 is your wife.