1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Flu

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Rumors, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Rumors

Rumors I'm a VIP

Oh my gosh... I have the flu. So does my kid...type A. 103 fever and I feel like ass. I am not done Xmas shopping, I haven't wrapped a single present, and I have a house full of people coming Monday. Oh lord... I need to start praying now for a complete healing...tomorrow! I started Tamiflu and so did my child. My husband is taking it to try and prevent it. I just don't have time to be sick. Work is crazy! I need to work through Saturday. Ugh.

LilLynx, Rain and Rosie11 like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Rosie11

Rosie11 Well-Known Member

I’m super sick now too, not the flu but a fever and I feel awful lol, just trying to get through the holidays and a fever doesn’t help matters much, here’s hoping we’ll all feel a bit better soon :hug:

Rain and Rumors like this.
  4. Mach123

Mach123 Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

We are just finishing getting over it. All five of us got it. Three of us yesterday morning. We had the stomach bug which I suppose is not the same but, nothing got done yesterday. A few things got done today but nobody is up to speed by any means. It wouldn't be Christmas without the stomach bug lol. Hope you feel better!

Rain and Rumors like this.
  5. Rain

Rain The kids rely on her for safety Premium Member Generous $250+

I hope that you feel better soon. I imagine how lousy you are feeling and with the pressures mounting have you thought about rescheduling because you are so sick and your child is sick? I am sure they woud all understand and as to the wrapping of the presents, I feel for you there. Can you get a friend to help you wrap them? Can you get easy prepared foods to serve just this one time. Anything that you can come up with to simplify things for you? I wish you health and healing soon.

LilLynx, Rosie11 and Rumors like this.
  6. Rumors

Rumors I'm a VIP

@Rain
    Yes to all of the above but my inner voice tells me I am not "that sick" and should cowboy up and make it happen. Lol I feel like a failure when I don't make everything happen.

Rosie11 and Rain like this.
  7. Rain

Rain The kids rely on her for safety Premium Member Generous $250+

I feel for you because last winter I was very, very sick and could not do anything. I had to ask a friend to go food shopping for me and I was housebound for a week.

I am guessing that you really are that sick and you need to be healing and resting right now especially. I hate it when the kids get sick because it is so much harder on them. I feel for you.

LilLynx, Rumors and Rosie11 like this.
  8. Rosie11

Rosie11 Well-Known Member

Your still making it happen :) just think of it as a creative thinking solution, making it happen however you can and pulling it all together in a creative way :)

Rumors and Rain like this.
  9. leehalf

leehalf Well-Known Member

Oh no! Sorry you're sick. I've usually had the flu and some kind of cold by now. I've been taking a dietary supplement to support your immune system (Airborne). So far so good.

Let everyone know you all have the flu. Some may not want to come.

Get well soon.

Rain and Rosie11 like this.