• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General For Anyone With Emdr Experience - How Long, And How Were You Supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Also Matrix Re-imprinting to get to the traumatized parts directly.
I have joined the site as my partner has chronic complex PTSD- my question is to anyone who has had EMDR- how did you find the treatment and how long did you have support? obviously this is individual but I just feel I d like to hear some viewpoints to help me cope!! The day if therapy is always a "high" for my partner but 2-3 days later anger guilt issues arise again which make my life a living hell for around 3 days.... any ideas please!!!

Hey, Melissa! I've been doing EMDR for about a year now. My therapist has had EMDR training and updates his training yearly.

I've never experienced the issues you described. Generally, I feel exhausted and a bit light-headed after a session, but within a few hours, I'm pretty much back to normal, except that each session helps me to release some of the body memories of the trauma. So I guess that rather than feeling angry and ashamed, I feel like me, but with a smaller burden than I had prior to that session.

I'm not sure what you're asking regarding support. Could you please clarify?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back