• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Former Er Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Land Shark

New Here
I spent 20 years in the medical field as a Navy Corpsman, EMT and an Emergency Room Nurse. I was just a normal burnt out Nurse up until 2011 when I lost my home and dog to a house fire. The fire happened while I was at work. The fire department responded and told my neighbors that I wasn't in their fire district and watched my house burn to the ground. People on the other side of the road were in a fire district but my house wasn't (No one informed me or any of my neighbors). I managed another year working before it became too much for me. Constant anxiety, panic attacks and night terrors/lack of sleep made me a danger on the job. I quit before I made a mistake that killed someone. I haven't worked in 3 years and I am on my final appeal/chance to get social security disability.

My list of Physiological problems seems to be constantly growing. I have developed extreme social anxiety and I am terrified to leave my home so getting any mental health counselling is almost impossible. I am alone without any real support system and I am in massive debt. I'm going to go read some of your post now with the hope that it helps me. Thanks

I'm sorry for all of your losses, I know how much a dog means, especially. That's one of the most horrible and negligent things that I have heard of

Welcome to the forum, there's a lot of healing here and it's a wonderful community.

@Land Shark Welcome to the forum! :)

There is a lot of information here about symptoms and management. I hope you find this, along with the support, helpful to your healing.

Hi and Welcome to the forum.
I hope you find the information on here helpful and the people supportive - I know I have!
I am sorry to hear your fire service is so callous. That is simply dreadful. I would hope that is not a common occurrence. There must surely be a duty of care, since they are already on site?
I too am a nurse. Not in the ER, but stressful nonetheless. I can't wait to give it up. I have had enough.
Anyway - again welcome!
Regards, Lucy x

Akin to being on a battlefield, physicians and nurses witness many things that human beings should never behold. A good lawyer should be able to secure SSI or SSD. Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back