• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Found this forum after googling domestic abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

I got my ptsd from domestic abuse also. I still don't really like to talk about it. Maybe in time you will be able to post what happened. Baby steps are always good. :)

Welcome, glad you found us.. just take your time. You will know when you feel safe enough to share, even a little of your story... doesn't have to be the whole thing... like was said, baby steps.... Glad you are here.

Share when you are ready. We are hear to support you. Also, we don't compare traumas. What matters is...
The fact about trauma is no two people in the entire world have the same one and I would dare say, kind of trauma. Every person's is as unique as the individual who has it. Your can't realy be very acurate at all if you put Trauma or PTSD into any kind of class system.
I have a very bad case of it. My wife of 23 years has a bad case of it. I have know many others that have it and I am very old so I have been around a good while. Comparing one to someone else's could only damage the other person and quickly start needless confict since its such a strong personal illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back